What to do with old 925???

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. im sorry if this has been posted before but i cant find anything.

I have a lot of old silver (925) jewelry. charms, bangles, earrings, chains you name it and i dont wear them because i have newer and nicer gold and silver jewelry. i know people sell old gold but silver is not worth much money so i was wondering what you all do with old silver...

I dont want to just chuck it all out and its not really worth selling them. I wish i could find a way to melt the lot down and make a cool piece i will wear. I just hate having stuff i dont like or use. KWIM???

2. hmmmm...thats a good question. Maybe someone can chime in here because I'd like to know myself! I have a bunch of things that I no longer wear and melting it down to make something new would be awesome. Did you ask a reputable jeweler in your area? Maybe they can point you in the direction of someone that could work with you if they cant....

3. I have been giving pieces to my mom our sis and putting pieces away in ziplocs in a box to give to my niece or any daughters I may have

4. I've been selling a bunch of my old sterling on Ebay. I'm actually getting more for it than I would if I tried to sell it to a jeweler.

5. Maybe check on Etsy to see if someone can take your old silver and make you something new.

6. A lot of "Buy Gold" people will also buy silver.
    If you are willing to, you can sell it on Ebay - especially as lots.
    A jeweler would sell it to a refiner, and then use new silver to make your piece - at least the ones I know will do so. But I think an artist on Etsy would probably be willing to work with you!

Good luck!

7. thank you so much everyone for your reply's. i will look into etsy or another jeweler as soon as i work out what i want to make out the silver.

8. I polished them and gave them away as Christmas presents last December. No longer sitting in the drawers, and I made my friends and family happy!