What to do with my Chanel Timeless flap in lambskin?

DoubleW

Dec 17, 2012
Even since I was a little girl I was dreaming of the Chanel timeless flap.
Brought it in Hong Kong one year ago, didn't feel right (sorry Chanel!!).. I took her out for 2-3 times. First time in HK on a theatre, so that was special...

It just feels it doesn't suit me and my lifestyle. I just brought it because it's a "must-bag" and I remembered the little girl who was looking at it on magazines dreaming one day she could have it.

Should I sell it? What to do with the masterpiece? I just know I don't feel right about it...

DoubleW said:
Even since I was a little girl I was dreaming of the Chanel timeless flap.
Brought it in Hong Kong one year ago, didn't feel right (sorry Chanel!!).. I took her out for 2-3 times. First time in HK on a theatre, so that was special...

It just feels it doesn't suit me and my lifestyle. I just brought it because it's a "must-bag" and I remembered the little girl who was looking at it on magazines dreaming one day she could have it.

Should I sell it? What to do with the masterpiece? I just know I don't feel right about it...

If you don't love it, let it go. Get something that makes your heart flutter everytime you carry it. Your bag should be something YOU love. Don't be influenced by others. Lots if ladies, like me, prefer the seasonal bags over the classic flaps.

If you don't feel absolutely fabulous wearing it, then no, no, no, don't keep it! A Chanel always makes a statement but it is not worth it if you don't get giddy over it..why not have a bag that feels a part if you? Don't get sucked in to getting something only because others think it is the bomb. As much as I love classic flaps, I am certain there are tons out there who are more interested in seasonal or non-flap bags.

Get rid of it if it doesn't feel right. I was very close to buying the classic flap, so many times. I tried to love that bag, and tried it in all sizes, but no... a classic flap shoulder bag is not me. I felt I had to love it because it was "the classic", and everyone said "the flap is classic". There are many classics everywhere, but this flap is just not a classic for me. I am a different classic, like the GST or kisslock.

So... while I collect Chanels and have several, I do not own on classic flap, in any size. Zippo.

Don't get pressured into buying a bag just because people say it's a classic. A classic for who? Everyone has their own fashion style, and to follow a trend or what someone says is a classic "must-have" is not fashion at all. Go with your fashion sense and style.

Sell the bag, and use the money to buy the bag you love. You will wear it all the time and truly fall in love with the bag!

Good luck to you!

I would keep it. You may not like it much now, but change you mind later on. I only use mine during some evening social events, but it doesn't take much space in my coset...

Thank you for your kind answers =) I feel like I don't deserve it, since I never use it! It should really go so someone who appreciate this flap. Since the prices goes upp I might sell it for a little higher than I brought it...

I think you should sell it and get a bag you will use and enjoy. I don't think you should feel pressured to keep or buy a bag you don't love. It's for this reason I don't own a GST, it really isn't my style regardless of what other people think is a must have.

I'm not so fond of lambskin either, it gets marks SO easy... More of the caviar type of girl ;) I do love the GST, have like 3 different bags of that model... But all taste is different :smile:

Maybe a Prada saffiano tote... Yum!

Definitely sell or consign it. You are not going to fall in love with it later. There is another Chanel or other designer bag that is perfect for you.
I used to have a classic flap and I never felt comfortable carrying it, so I consigned it and now I have a tote, which is my style.