What to do with loose pearls?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hello. So I have 4 mikimoto loose pearls that are 7mm. They came off my mother's strand necklace when she had it shortened from 18" to 16". I also have another mikimoto pearl off of a stud. Had to pay to get it replaced as the size were mismatched. That's another story....

Anyways the pearls have been sitting in my jewelry box for a few yrs now and I've noticed pearl have become extremely popular esp in Asia. Came across a brand Tasaki. I like the 3 pearl ring.

So I want to get something made...but don't know what. I'm assuming I can only have some kind of necklace or bracelet made due the pearls having two holes. There's no way the holes can be filled or can they? Since I only have 4 loose pearls maybe a by the yard bracelet would be more appropriate? I've checked out the mikimoto by the yard bracelet and it has 8 pearls on it. I don't think I have enough. What else can I have made?? Would love some insight. Thanks!

2. Something like the "by the yard" bracelet would have been my suggestion. I have thought about doing this with my loose pears for a while. I think it doesn´t matter if you don´t have exactly 8 pearls. Do it with all you have, nobody will count them :smile: I have only three and want to to this style.

3. The only "filler" I've ever seen on pearls is having a tiny gem set in the hole. I've seen it on large pearls set as pendants to cover small flaws. I'm not quite picturing that working on a ring though. In my mind all I can see is tiny staring eyeballs. :P

I think I'd have them put on a short bar at the center of a necklace so they could move back and forth and I could play with them. But I'm a sucker for spinner rings and other jewelry with movement.

4. The pearls in motion earrings is a great idea if you like dangling earrings.
    If I was in your position I would save the pearls and over time collect more with the intention of having g either a classic bracelet or necklace created.
    This could be a very sentimental gift for a daughter someday.