What to do with BV Wallet that has chipped edges?

timewarps

Jul 12, 2008
Hi,

I bought a new BV wallet in late 2008 in a BV shop in Singapore but have never actually taken it out and used it. Recently I have just started using it (for about 6 mths) and I noticed that the edges of the wallet have come apart. The leather on the edges have cracked.

Is that common? Is it because I got my wallet in Asia with high humidity level and now I am based in Europe? I have barely used the wallet and the wallet has never even been soaked etc...

Will love some advice on this and on how I should seek to repair this? What should I do?

I have other wallets and my last wallet lasted me about 10 years so I am not a rough user....so I am pretty surprised by the lack of quality of the BV wallet....

I love the blue BV wallet which I have as it is a limited edition colour.... :cry:

Will value any advice....Thanks heaps.

Cheers!

jburgh

BV ~ Ferragamo ~ TODs
Authenticator
O.G.
Aug 17, 2007
In the Forest
Can you post some pictures? I am moving your thread to the care subforum, where we talk about these types of issues.

blueiris

O.G.
May 11, 2008
United States
It sounds unusual to me. In my experience, the quality level of BV items, including wallets, is quite high.

I have a BV wallet that I've been using almost continuously for more than a year. Nothing is cracked, nothing is coming apart. I've had wallets come apart at the seams within 6 months--maybe I'm a wallet abuser by your standards? I think I just use mine in the usual way. Anyway, some of the color is showing its age (deeped patina/sheen, some color rub-off on the zipper pull), but that's to be expected. It doesn't look new anymore, but I never expected it to stay new. Because it has held up in its construction, I'm happy with it. There was a recent thread asking about the durability of BV small leather goods, and you can read some of the other responses there.

Without seeing photos, it's hard to know what's going on with your wallet. How did you store it during the 1.5 years after you bought it but didn't use it?

You could always take it to a BV boutique and ask their advice. Good luck.