What to do when you've over done it?

1. My legs are soooooo sore today! I did pilates, along with squats yesterday, and I am paying the price. This routine is not unusual, except I used weights while doing the squats.

Dang. I am looking quite strange when I walk, too. :shame: Any remedies for sore muscles?

2. A good massage!:graucho:
    Either do it yourself, or get someone else to do it for you.:biggrin:
    Also, a nice, warm relaxing rosemary or muscle soak (eucalyptus, mint etc) bath helps....as does resting your legs up higher than normal (elevate them on a footstool)
    Also, if possible, try not to do any exercise at all today, let your muscles repair themselves.
    Hope they feel better soon!:flowers:

3. Don't do anymore exercises for the moment. Just relax and let your legs rest today. chicky does give great tips there.

4. Should I wait to exercise until all of the soreness goes away, or just the painful portion of it?

5. What I do (and this always helps) is drink a protein shake that is high in protein like 20 grams +.. A real yummy one is myoplex carb sense (already made) dark chocolate shake... It works better if you drink it right after you work out.

In the meantime, I would stretch, stretch, stretch!

6. :flowers: Thank you!

7. you can work out again once the real pain has improved. Also, try taking Arnica. It's holistic but I know a LOT of people that swear by it!

8. Can I get Arnica at a health food store, or do they have it at Target?

9. Nope....not at Target. Health food store for sure....

10. take a really warm bath and then stretch afterwards, that should help - and remember, the soreness means that you've done something good for yourself!

11. Thanks, ladies!

12. IMO just wait till the painful portion is gone. I've found a light workout helps with mildly sore muscles. Advil and a light massage work wonders too, as well as stretching when you are in the shower.

13. Definitely, carefully stretch and hold for at the very least 30 seconds.

14. A little motrin, a hot bath and some gentle stretching!

15. Warm bath and heat patches!
    God I love heat wraps. I can stress out my knee and it makes me feel good as new the next day.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice