What to do when you don't use a SLG you went crazy looking for?

LVoeletters

only the best
O.G.
Aug 13, 2011
Hi all, I've been debating incessantly if I should sell my pomme envelope plate from the valentines collection. I wanted it SO badly... I haven't used it once, which is great for resale, (I am NOT selling/buying on forum so please refrain) I suppose, but it's such a cute item.

My cles is getting beat up. I know I missed the bubble when the envelope plates were fetching 2-3 times the retail price on eBay. Is it more cost effective to switch to the pomme plate? I really like how I don't baby my groom cles though. It's the one item I throw around.

Is this the point where you just sell for whatever you get? Or do you hold onto it to look at for time to time since they just don't make these anymore?

Thanks!

Hi all, I've been debating incessantly if I should sell my pomme envelope plate from the valentines collection. I wanted it SO badly... I haven't used it once, which is great for resale, (I am NOT selling/buying on forum so please refrain) I suppose, but it's such a cute item.

My cles is getting beat up. I know I missed the bubble when the envelope plates were fetching 2-3 times the retail price on eBay. Is it more cost effective to switch to the pomme plate? I really like how I don't baby my groom cles though. It's the one item I throw around.

Is this the point where you just sell for whatever you get? Or do you hold onto it to look at for time to time since they just don't make these anymore?

Thanks!

Personally for me, I'd take my loss/gain and just move on. It's nice to have items that are no longer made anymore but again.. if you don't use it, have no use for it, its value means nothing to you. It's sad to take a financial loss sometimes but I think that's with every LV purchase you may sell. Count your losses and go for something else. Our needs/styles always change. Nothing wrong with that IMO. And I have sold tons of LV due to impulse purchases or they no longer were comfortable/useful to me. So I feel your pain!

Personally for me, I'd take my loss/gain and just move on. It's nice to have items that are no longer made anymore but again.. if you don't use it, have no use for it, its value means nothing to you. It's sad to take a financial loss sometimes but I think that's with every LV purchase you may sell. Count your losses and go for something else. Our needs/styles always change. Nothing wrong with that IMO. And I have sold tons of LV due to impulse purchases or they no longer were comfortable/useful to me. So I feel your pain!

Agreed! I sold some bags/SLGs I didnt use and felt the pain of losing money, but if they sit in my closet, thats also money I lost. We make decisions on what looks good at the time and sometimes our tastes and needs change.

I also have a weakness for LV but if I'm not using something I'd rather consign & make room in my closet for something I want instead :yes:

Pomme is so pretty you'll have a seller in no time!

You wont feel like losing it if you have room and money to spend on something else you will toss and throw around every day! because it doesnt make you happier to keep it in your closet if something else would make you smile everyday :smile: best thing is not to be in a hurry to sell. if you have the patience to wait, the right person with the right price will come along for sure :smile:

I didn't know what it was until I looked it up and found this thread.
http://forum.purseblog.com/louis-vuitton-shopping/pomme-damour-envelope-plate-116456.html

Sounds crazy rare. I would normally say sell but in this case I don't know. Cool piece and I don't know if you could ever find another one. I have pieces I like to just look at and haven't worn, but I still enjoy them. Some people only enjoy things if they are using them, and that's fine too.

I also found this thread that you started.
http://forum.purseblog.com/louis-vu...ot-place-bid-pomme-envelope-plate-839819.html
I think if you sold and regretted it once you might regret it if you sold again and lose even more money trying to get it. As I said, its okay for a piece to just be special and a collectible. If it makes you happy to look at keep it and get something else to beat up with use.

I say use it and see how you feel about it. Try to get your money's worth. If you sell now, you'll end up loosing money anyways. Use it, love it or not then decide if you'd rather keep it or sell. Good luck!

I say use it and see how you feel about it. Try to get your money's worth. If you sell now, you'll end up loosing money anyways. Use it, love it or not then decide if you'd rather keep it or sell. Good luck!

+1 I think that's the best way to decide you may fall back in love with it or you'll know you need to sell and move on :smile:

I heard a professional organizer say one time that if you haven't used your stuff in 6 months, then there is a high likelihood that you will never use it at all. I keep that in mind when I do spring cleaning, whenever I decide which ones should be kept or given away...:smile:

I've never seen this piece before either. It's super adorable and I love the Pomme!! If you haven't used it though and don't see yourself using it, I say sell it. I had a LE Trunks and Bags Cles that I got a smokin hot deal on from Craigslist. I really loved it but stopped using it because the T&B applique (or whatever you call it) was coming off a little when I was using it. I decided I might as well sell it if I wasn't going to use it. What you need to decide if you'll miss it if you sell it.