What to do when wedding band is too tight now?

lorenzo94580

Jul 24, 2007
When DH and I got married, I had pretty slender fingers (between a 4.5-5 ring size). Four years, two kids, and +30 lbs later, my eternity wedding band is tight.. to the point I'm afraid of putting it on and not being able to take it off!! And we're ttc, so I don't think I'll be able to lose the weight any time soon.

So what do I do in the meantime? What do you wear when you're preggers? I still want to sport something on my wedding finger. Should I just get a nice band that can be resized smaller later if I indeed lose weight? What if I don't lose the weight later? What will happen to my eternity ring (since you can't really resize it)? Sorry so many questions. Sigh. I miss wearing my wedding band already.:crybaby:

I say either go with the Diamonique option or get another eternity band (did I hear some one mention pink sapphires? They are beautiful) in a larger size. When you do lose weight, you can always transfer it on to another finger, assuming your fingers are different sizes like mine.

Diana

Go with Diamonique or something similar.
And, if you are like me, you will lose the pregnancy weight but your fingers will not go back to their old size. I had to have all my rings enlarged.
sorry.

You might want to consider having it remade and adding one stone. If you know who made yours originally have them remake the new one. It will end up much bigger but then you can add sizing beads. That way you have a ring you can still wear and if your ring size doesnt go back, you can always wear it.

It can be resized it's just a PITA and costs quite a bit more. If you do plan on just getting a new one (upgrade!!!) make sure to have a sizing band put in it.

Also over on Pricescope we were discussing looking into finger lipo lol

BTDT -- I had to resize after having my child and gaining too much weight. I had been a size 4.5, too, like you. (My wedding band is from the "pre-eternity craze" so they were able to be resized easily.) Now -- with 55 pounds off -- I fortunately have the opposite problem. My rings are too loose again! YEA! When you're ready and finished having babies -- Wt. Watchers REALLY works -- and your fingers can go back down in size.

In the meantime -- if I were you -- I would get a fake eternity like a pp mentioned. That would motivate me to lose the weight when you're ready and get back into those pretty rings! Best wishes on ttc!

When I was pregnant in my last trimester with my first child, I was unable to take off my wedding band. Since it was too late, my only option was to reduce salt intake, which sort of helped.

Resizing is a real pain, especially with diamond bands. Perhaps a diamond band half way around would work best if you plan on having more kids. Eternity band would be a pain and most jewelers will have to redo the entire band should you need to resize later.

Pink sapphire....I love pink sapphire and anything pink. :smile:

Thanks ladies for all your replies!

Until I can make up my mind, I just went to the mall today and bought a sterling silver band that is similar to the Tiffany Nature band (the one with the flower on it) that retails for $175. Paid 25 bucks for the mall version. So at least now my finger isn't nekkid until I figure something else out. :P

My rings had to be resized after my first pregnancy. I wore a 4 1/4 pre-pregnancy and a 5 1/4 afterwards. Thankfully my band was plain gold so it could be resized easily.

During my pregnancy I wore a CZ and 10K gold band that I bought at Walmart. It was pretty and it did the job.

Three kids later, my fingers never did go back to their pre-babies size.