What to do when they STEAL YOUR TEXT???

^^^
well, how diligent of you to go to all that trouble. what i'm saying is that ebay doesn't even take the time or effort to really do anything about people selling fakes, do you really think anything will be done about people poaching descriptions? realistically? and when something happens that i know doesn't really have a solution, i say, best not to get too pissed off. there's no point.
another thing: if i post something on the internet, i consider that it's no longer really mine and that it's prone to people copying it/stealing it. the only safeguared against that is maybe watermarking pictures, but anything else you post, there really is no way to protect it. if it makes you so angry, stick to less elaborate and time-consuming descriptions. or, just take it in stride and think of the old saying: 'imitation is the sincerest form of flattery'...

I report people who STEAL my text and my photos. Their auctions are ended. That is how I handle it.

^^^^
the way the other poster said it, it sounded like ebay didn't do anything about stolen descriptions. but if they pull down that person's auctions, then what is the problem? ebay is taking action then.

I don't care about text, hell, I have "stolen" text from Kooba.. Hayden harnett... after all, those are the nest descriptions of the bag. I did threaten someone that used my pics though, that was wrong.

I have a rental unit (only one) and one time when I was looking for a tenant there was another competing unit from a nearby complex that had almost exactly the same amenities as mine. I noticed that they had much better more "salesy" description of the property so I used much of it. I really didn't think of it as unethical. Everything I used was true...just that theirs was probably written by an experienced professional. Just thought I'd share so maybe you could see another perspective....I don't do ebay so I won't be stealing language from you.

I DEFINITELY got POed when my descriptions were stolen from me! I put a lot of time and creative angles in them to make sure that i stand out above the rest. I just wish I knew about reporting it to ebay back then when the Anya Hindmarch "I'm not a plastic bag" bags were so popular!!!