What to do when they bring out the product?

luvhautecouture

Chanelaholic
O.G.
Sep 18, 2007
I've purchased Chanel sunglasses and a PST, and both times when I was about to buy the product, the SA handed it to me so I could inspect it (i think...?)

How extensive of a check are you supposed to do? I felt kind of weird not knowing exactly what to do. I know the awesome ladies on this site will know what to tell me :smile:

I'd probably give her a quick once over and just check the pockets and make sure all the appropriate documents are there and push it gently towards them and say thank you:biggrin:
I'll inspect her closer when I get home!

I do all of the above, plus I take a nice whiff while Im at it. lol. Kinda like when the waiter brings your fine wine to the table and you have to use all your senses.:okay:

I rub it against my face then I smell it and caress it. I take one final lick and hand it back to the S.A. and say I'm not interested in this one can I see another one please. :nuts::lol:

I just rotate it around. Make sure everything looks fine in terms of workmanship. If it's a bag, I make sure the hologram sticker number matches that on the authenticity card. Check to make sure all the cards, booklets, and the dustbag is there. :yes: It's always better to catch these things early, rather than leave and have to come back later.

u all crack me up....:roflmfao: sniffing and fondling and licking....:P
me? i am too busy looking around for my next conquest to inspect:graucho:.. .wrap her up and i'm good to go!:wlae:

Am I the only one that wears my new purchases out of the door? LOL. They always look at me so funny when I tell them I want to wear it out. I guess because since I'm wearing it that means I automatically can't return it? Whatever lol.

In Hong Kong, most of the SAs wear gloves so I ask them to take out the tissue and show me if everything (zippers, closures) etc work and then I inspect the leather to make sure there are no spots or stains. They usually show me everything to make sure I am happy.

Here in the states - it depends on the SA - some I trust and others, I usually have a tissue with me, and use it to inspect the bag - I check mainly to see if it really is a new one - i.e. no fingerprints, no dirt inside, etc.

In fact this worked to my favor once - I was buying a bag (not a chanel) and I loved it but the SA pointed out before my inspection that it was a return - she showed me that it was not used but you could tell someone had handled it before - I still wanted the bag and she offered me a substantial discount.

I usually don't inspect too much if the bag comes from the stock room - but some times I have bought the last piece - which is the display piece and I have them clean it before I buy it.

I usually model it to make sure I look good. I used to just buy it without inspecting it. But one time, I bought an E/W and realized there was a minor scratch on the corner, some left over glue residue substance on the caviar leather, and there was NO TAG which mean it was probably a used return! So after that, I always check corners, insides, TAGS, and make sure there is no loose stitching.