What to do when the DH or BF...

i tell my bf straight up, "you're starting to look like you're 8 months preggers" LOL. i mean really, if i can keep weight off, i sort of expect him to do the same. he's packed on 30 lbs since we met. but at the end of the day, what really matters?

Yes, I agree with the other ladies that said you should suggest activities you can both do together to burn some calories. And maybe if you are super dedicated to being fit (i dont know if you already are) then he'll jump on the bandwagon

Selena said:
Get on top :idea:
Selena

Haha, I love your answers to stuff, Selena:P . That's exactly what came to my mind when I first read the original post:P .

You should probably let him know that he is smushing you. Just be careful about how you tell him (like try to tell him when you're doing something completely unrelated to his weight issue (like not during a meal and not in bed)).

ever since i got pregnant with my first son my husband gained a good 20 lbs. it bothers him so much more than it does me. he was pretty skinny before i got pregnant so i like him with some meat on his bones. i can't have a man who's waist is smaller than mine.

if it bothers you maybe you should encourage him by working out together. that's always fun.

Well, my DH has gained about 40 lbs since I met him. It is funny, a lot of men gain weight when they settle down. I don't cook that often, I think it just happens. I still love him anyway, even though he has the flu and is a grouch at the moment.
Look at it this way, at least he is settling down. You don't see too many "player" types packing on extra weight, so unless you are seriously worried about his health I would just let it go.
I agree also with trying to get him to do more active things and perhaps changing eating habits by saying, "Oh, I don't feel like going to ----(high fat) restaurant tonight", let's go to whatever salad or low fat type restaurant you can get away with.

I never said anything. I've been with BF 24/7 for years that I never really noticed until he pointed it out. We look at pictures from years ago and he points it out and I see it but at the end of the day....it doesn't really matter. I love him no matter what. He's working on it and I don't say anything about it. I have no urge or desire to. I'm happy with who he is.

If you do want to say something, maybe you can do it in a comical sort of way like literally saying "You're crushing me hun!" when he's in bed with you or something? I know guys can be really touchy about this.

Nope, wouldn't say a word. Anyone who has put on weight is aware of it on some level. Also...to me, weight - unless it's to the point where it is actually causing some kind of health problem like adult onset diabetes - is not a factor in how I feel about someone or whether or not I'm attracted to them.

Maybe he's depressed or bothered by something? Usually people starting gaining weight suddenly because of an emotional or physical distress. I'd talk to him and find out first if it's something more then just eating.