What to do what to do?

vsmarielle

Mar 26, 2011
I am contemplating on purchasing a new chanel to add to my collection. I have sold some of my non-chanel and non-hermes bag so I can just focus on these two brands. I think they are more sophisticated than any other designer handbags. I am caught between three choices, Chanel Taupe Patent maxi, Beige Caviar GST in GHW and Jumbo Caviar in GHW. Please help me decide:smile::smile::smile::smile:

original.jpg

Chanel Dec 010.jpg

497511941_tp.jpg

If you don't already own a Beige Chanel bag I would definitely recommend the beige jumbo. Now if you own several Chanel Bags in your collection and are looking for something different then I would recommend the Patent Taupe. Keep me posted! Overall they are all beautiful... :heart:

OMG!!! i'd go for the Chanel taupe patent! it really is sooo beautiful and not as common as the black or beige flap. but then, it's actually up to you. they are all gorgeous IMHO, i just went for something that i don't usually see. :biggrin: also, the color of the taupe patent, you could easily dress it up or down.

I think it really depends what you currently have in your collection. If you have 10 flaps and no GST, then get the GST and vice versa. It's nice to have variety in colour, but also different styles of purses.

All absolutely gorgeous bags!
Size: Do you need a bigger bag? If so the GST would fit the most. Though some people have trouble carrying it - the straps can slip off.
Colour: The patent taupe is not as common as the beige, do you own any beige already? If so, go for the taupe its gorgeous and a bit edgier than the classic beige. Then again beige may suit your wardrobe better?
Care: Patent v Caviar care - how practical each is, how difficult stain removal is, transfer issues etc. What you would use the bag for?
I personally prefer flaps over the GST, but that being said the beige GST is still gorgeous! You would also want to consider the type of caviar they're bringing out these days - a bit hit and miss! Good luck & post photos of which one you decide on :biggrin:

Oh and if rational thinking doesn't prevail - which one makes your heart beat fastest :love:

Last edited:
I think that the patent is harder to find later if you plan on getting it in the future. You will always find both classics (beige GST and beige flap). Now, if you really don't care much for the patent or just the same as the beige ones, then you should pick one of the beiges base on your necessities..are you a flap or a tote girl? Do you have kids? Have you tried both styles at the store?. HTH and good look deciding;)