What to do, what to do....

Jan 19, 2008
UK
Just recently I've REALLY taken a liking to the GST (black, gold hardware) - however I don't have the funding for one right now. I've got two other purchases lined up - a Speedy Azur and Mulberry Roxanne oak. I figure these two are more summery than the black GST?
I have a Medallion tote in black, so my question to you is this....do you think I should sell it and put the money towards the GST, buy the GST instead of the other two, or just wait until the end of the summer when I'll have the cash as I probably wouldn't get that much use out of the GST over the summer anyway?

Any input would be gratefully received!!

ItsMyWorld

Dec 28, 2006
USA
I personally would buy what ever you love the most. I have no problems with black bags in summer but that is just me. I just carry what I feel like carrying.

I think this is really a personal question in that you have to do what feels right. If you don't care for your medallion anymore, sell it and get the money. If you love it, save up.

steffe

aka Julia
O.G.
Mar 17, 2008
New England
...wait till the end of summer?
i packed all my black purses away already. can't wait to use those fruity colorful summer bags.:P

jellybeanz

O.G.
Aug 12, 2007
i'm not generally a fan of selling bags like that, but i think the medallion and gst are so similar. so you could sell the medallion and get either the lv or mulberry as well as the gst.

sunny2

Nov 27, 2007
Los Angeles to San Marcos
I would buy the GST before the price increase, I don't see anything wrong with carrying black bags during the summer and if you love your Medallion, don't sell it! If you don't then you could sell your Medallion to fund your GST!

tinazach

Jan 7, 2008
Olympia, WA
I would get the GST before the price increase. I believe the increase is quite high. There are similarities with the GST & Medallion; however, the Medallion is a bit more formal & structured. I wouldn't sell the Medallion just yet. I like color, but a black handbag can be worn all the time...just add a bold necklace or earrings for that needed pop of color. If you like the GST but are concerned since you already have a black Medallion, consider a beige GST. The beige would be a compromised neutral & it'll be something that can be used year-round.

janny328

<3's chanel
Jul 20, 2006
Los Angeles
Perhaps you can pick up the GST soon, bags like the Azur LV will always be around, and you could likely get that sooner than the GST since there is a relatively large difference in price. -Especially with the price increase. I wouldn't sell the Medallion unless you really don't have any need for it anymore. Black may not necessarily be a "summer" color, but IMO, a good black bag will always be in year round. Good luck!

hpb2c

Jul 11, 2007
lv is also having a price increase 2morrow. lol. so if that helps. but its only like 5% so it wont be too bad on your speedy. I would say get the GST, but you should get what you want the most. I also do not like to put certain colors into certain seasons. I think the GST is something you can use year round without any problems.