What to do, what to do.

ITA. Dogs can travel miles, so she may not live near your neighborhoods, but a few neighborhoods over a family could be terribly missing her and posting lost dog signs.
Definitely take her to the vet and get her scanned. If you end up not finding her owners and can't keep her, please take her to an animal rescue that does not euthanize. If you end up keeping her I am sure over time she and your cat will adjust to each other eventually, atleast to the point where they can ignore each other.

Yes we will be taking her to our vet to at least get her scanned and checked out to make sure she is okay. We do not want her to be euthanized. She derserves a good home. I live in a very rural area. But we will be calling local shelters and vets offices to see if anyone has lost her and putting signs up farther out once I get some more made this evening.

Where we live, we can call animal control about finding a lost dog, yet still keep the dog. Animal control does not need to collect the animal. You are essentially fostering the dog through the 72 hour stray hold. Please contact you animal control to see if this is the case. And please do everything to find the owner. I would be crushed if one of my dogs got lost and someone just kept him. You never know if the animal escaped while the owner was there on a vacation, and would never see the posters.

Please, please, please everyone, microchip your dog and remember to register the chip with the chipping organization (i.e. Avid). I have my vet clinic and the breeder listed as contacts as well as a friend.

Well no answers to our signs or anything yet. I have called the three local vets offices and no signs are up for a dog fitting our's description. We have an appt tomorrow morning at our vet's office to get her checked out and scanned, etc. She is just so loveable and playful. I got out and played with her last night. If someone did just drop her off because they did not want her, I hope they rot in H-LL. If she is lost then I hope we can find her owners soon. We also kept her in our garage last night so she would have someplace to sleep out of the elements.

^^^Since you are in a rural area, "drop-offs" aren't unusual. We live in the county ourselves and the number of "drop-off" dogs we see is unbelievable. Someone even chained a dog to a tree in OUR yard once several years ago!!

People are so damn sorry! How much trouble is it to take the animal to the Humane Society since they've already got it in their cars to get rid of it? :mad:

Is there anyway you can bring her in at night? If she is an indoor dog, she is not used to sleeping in cold temperatures, and could potentially die. Even if you could put her in a garage, it would be better for her.

Good luck finding the owners. If not, please consider adopting her. We have an older cat and were able to introduce two dogs without a problem.

Is there anyway you can bring her in at night? If she is an indoor dog, she is not used to sleeping in cold temperatures, and could potentially die. Even if you could put her in a garage, it would be better for her.

Good luck finding the owners. If not, please consider adopting her. We have an older cat and were able to introduce two dogs without a problem.

We want to keep her already. She will be adopted by us if no one shows up after a while.

^^^Since you are in a rural area, "drop-offs" aren't unusual. We live in the county ourselves and the number of "drop-off" dogs we see is unbelievable. Someone even chained a dog to a tree in OUR yard once several years ago!!

People are so damn sorry! How much trouble is it to take the animal to the Humane Society since they've already got it in their cars to get rid of it? :mad:

No we have seen this before too. It makes my skin crawl.

poor pup! whether he's been left hind or lost, he must he so sad! hope his owner comes to pick him up!

With your concerns about your cat. My cat was about 15 when we adopted a dog into the family. She was not happy needless to say but she would stay away from the dog unless the dog was being overly friendly and tried to play with her. Then the cat would use the poor puppy's face as a punching bag. lol! :boxing:luckily she didn't have claws (she was declawed before we adopted her :sad:)

poor pup! whether he's been left hind or lost, he must he so sad! hope his owner comes to pick him up!

With your concerns about your cat. My cat was about 15 when we adopted a dog into the family. She was not happy needless to say but she would stay away from the dog unless the dog was being overly friendly and tried to play with her. Then the cat would use the poor puppy's face as a punching bag. lol! :boxing:luckily she didn't have claws (she was declawed before we adopted her :sad:)

This pup does not act sad at all. She is just soo happy all the time. I hope my cat will adjust if we have the dog longer.