What to do? What do you ladies think?

i would sell some and keep some. that's what i['m doing now with my lvs and chanels (though i can't actually bear to part with my chanels yet- i'm working on it). if i think it's something i won't be able to find again- it's not going. if it has sentimental value- it's not going. but if it's something i don't use, won't use and could care less- out it goes.

however i say this not because i'm saving for something but because i am massively in debt and must or i can't pay my bills (i know, i know). i personally consider myself a handbag collector (as i've said many times) and would not be happy owning only 1 bag. i try and change my bag often and like to have bags in all different shapes, colors and sizes to match my outfit and my mood. i don't think one bag (or even 2) fits all. and i like to vary designers because i want my bags to be different and look different. i love my massai but would i give up everything for it? no. especially because there are days and occasions it just plain doesn't work for (hello, rain? good evening dinner party!). and plus it sometimes makes me a little nervous and guilty to have such a spency bag.

and yes i know i basically do not belong here on tpf or more likely in the hermes forum.

Another vote for SELL! I was also a Coach lover when I first got into bags; then I went to Prada, then Gucci, then Chanel. Fast forward about 5-10 years and I have sold off nearly all of my non-H bags now. I think I have one or two Chanels left, and a few of varying brands that were gifts from my DH.

My closet is kind of bare because obviously it takes a while to get new Hermes bags, but it feels really nice, actually! Liberating, in a sense? I will say that you're embarking on a very expensive habit--but at the same time, buying Hermes only sure makes trips to the mall a lot shorter! LOL I zip right past all the other bags nowadays, and keep my focus on growing the Hermes fund. It sounds easier than it is sometimes, especially when you see a gorgeous item staring you in the face, but I know myself well enough to know that I'd rather have 1 amazing heirloom quality bag than 10 bags that don't fill me with absolute joy when I look at them.

RRB: that's one of my dream H bags, too! I say sell the Coach bags you don't use (keeping the nostalgia piece(s)) and start saving toward your dream! If you're only using LV right now, the others are just taking up space, IMO. Go get that Kelly! :yes:

^^ too true cyn, too true. once you hit the heirloom bag arena, you look at things totally differently.

i need to take my own advice!!! I have so many cute but inexpensive kate spade things and some Chanel that I never use...but hate to just throw it out so maybe i'll do the same thing. little bits of $$$ do add up over time, i myself especially need to learn patience.

Well, if you don't use them often, why not just to let them go and to fund for your H-bags?
I sold all my LVs, GUCCIs, and even some of my Balenciaga,Chanel bags to fund my Hermes since once you step into the orange zone, you will not look back. I just keep one Balenciaga bag that I can abuse sometime.:smile:

"l dollar bid, now 2,
now 2, will ya give me 2?
2 dollar bid, now 3,
now 3, will ya give me 3?
3 dollar bid, now 4,
now 4, will ya give me 4?"

You won't be satisfied until you bring your Kelly Home!!:heart:

and yes i know i basically do not belong here on tpf or more likely in the hermes forum.

Well I have already sent you a PM on this but OF COURSE you belong here...if you have an appreciation for Hermes. Everybody who does belongs here. And I know I am not the only person who thinks you are "sooper"!!! :heart:HC

i personally consider myself a handbag collector (as i've said many times) and would not be happy owning only 1 bag. i try and change my bag often and like to have bags in all different shapes, colors and sizes to match my outfit and my mood. i don't think one bag (or even 2) fits all. and i like to vary designers because i want my bags to be different and look different. i love my massai but would i give up everything for it? no. especially because there are days and occasions it just plain doesn't work for (hello, rain? good evening dinner party!). and plus it sometimes makes me a little nervous and guilty to have such a spency bag.

I am like this too. I like different bags for different looks and cheap (but only relative to Hermes) bags to schelp around for fun. For example, I love Coach's patchwork bags and would never sell those because they are so much fun. I also like my Balenciagas for a slouchy casual look. I would only sell those that are kind of "meh" and keep the rest. If I were saving towards a Kelly, I would still keep some of my Coach etc., and just take a while longer to get there.