What to do? Too many bags in the closet, feeling guilty. Help!

Yes, yes and yes, Blam. I recently started selling on greedbay and it's a great feeling!!
Especially when the bag goes to a good home and the person is excited to get it!
I sold my first Kooba to a woman and it was her first Kooba as well. She was thrilled!
All I needed was a little motivation ffrom some friends to get the ball rolling....we're here for ya chica!

I have only one high-end bag, my black denim LV cabby, and will carry that until I get bored with it (which happens pretty quickly for me, I must admit). Before I buy a new bag I will have to sell the LV. As much as I wanted each of the bags I eventually sold, and had to scrimp and save in order to get them, now that I don't have them I don't miss them. I know they are getting more love and attention, and I love having more $ in my account.

Well certainly Balihai - 'yay' on your one-and-only! So pretty! I'll take it when you're done! :tup:
And don't forget, if you want another bag and you sell the Cabby you have to have an interim bag too, no? ;)

Anyway, seriously - I had about 24 bags. I have to admit that my obsession got a little bit expensive - well, both ways actually...expensive in that I wanted so many bags and then it was kind of comical. And I see that I'm not the only one. I laugh now when I see 'oh I bought such and such during their sale and I'm waiting for 15 trillion bags....' - oh no! It's too much...but that's just my opinion.

I happen to be a big eBay lover and it's the only way that I've been selling my bags recently. My expensive obsession lately has been with LV so it's FORCED me to cut down on my massive bag collection just so I could fund several LV bags. So I looked back into my purse stash the other day and I've got like 10 bags....okay, still a lot...but it's so nice to know what you have!

I think you should do like Compass did and put all your bags on your bed and let them speak to you. You'll be surprised what some of them will say - like 'send me to a new home' or 'I was an impulse buy....sell me.'

Good luck!

Yes, I have three that are on the chopping block.

Some others have had for almost a year and have only carried a few times, but wouldn't get rid of those because the only reason is that I don't always carry a bag on a daily basis at school and don't go out that often.

I have definitely felt this way. While I have never sold via ebay, I have been able to sell some through the MP or consignment stores. I also have gifted bags to my babysitters or family members like my sister in laws.

Just the other day, I gave my babysitter a bag and it was so nice to see her huge smile. Of course it's nice to get money via a sale, but it's also a wonderful feeling to be able to give someone a gift :yes:

If my Mom were still alive, I would give her my bags, as I used to do. My MIL isn't into bags so I would not give her one :nogood:

Update:
Bags are on the bed, well - some are......needed to come back to read this post for additional "mental reinforcement"......more bags will be coming out after my comments.....

JudieH
Indeed, I can understand the joy in giving something so totally unexpected and I recently gave my MIL an Isabella Fiore that I didn't wear often....she was so surprised and delighted. I will gift some of my bags, for sure.

Thanks all for your encouragement......I called a consignment store hoping that I could just run over this afternoon while the "moment was right" (like those crazy "ED" commercials that we're bombarded with), but alas - they were not open today.

I'll be back.....keep the "good karma" coming gals......

So if you go the consignment route, what percentage do you generally get back? Do you go to the "luxe" consignment stores? There is one high-end consignment shop that I know of in town, but it's kind of a drive to get there from my house.

I used to have alot of bags from different designers...
then I caught the LV bug!
and sold most of my collection on ebay
and gave away the rest to family and friends
I only kept the ones I really love and use.

Now I try not to buy purses on impulse like I used to.

dcblam... i was feeling that way until i started selling... we're often on the same threads so you know my bag obsession... i leave all of the tags on my bags with tissue stuffed in them and have them safely in their dustbags until i decide to use them... often another bag will come along that i like better or that is a better deal so i'll just sell something i already have... i don't really sell for a profit... just to keep it even... for every bag i've bought from the HH sale over the last week or two i've sold something of equal or greater value! it's really fun actually! :tup:

Every season I go through my closet and what I haven't worn in a year goes!! When my house (closet) is cluttered my mind feels cluttered. I just added a sixth bag to my "Italian Village" Yes there are so many beautiful accessories, shoes, clothes... out there but sometimes enough is enough. (It took me a long time to say that statement) Before you get an urge to go shopping do a "closet check" Do you need another brown bag? Black bag? :yes:Keep the ones you love and rotate often. Giving the bags away is great idea too. It really does feel good to give. :yes:

My DH once wanted me to purge my bag collection because I wasn't using it fully. Then I was rotating through a bag every two to three months. But instead of purging at that point I got a purseket and started to rotate bags everyday, and find it really fun.

But I do purge out bags that just aren't working for me. But to stop sellers remorse I suggest that you lay out some outfits that go with some of the bags you're unsure about and wear them out. Make sure that you haven't just forgotten about them.

I keep a picture of all of my bags (continually needs to be updated) in my closet so I can refer to it when I'm picking out my outfit for the next day. OK, I admit I'm OCD.

UPDATE:

You guys are the best - you've motivated me to "get into action"....well, the consignment store never called back (by the by, they normally take anywhere from 40 to 50% of the sale price) and once I selected those "on the chopping block" (LOL - when I read this on Heath-kkf's post, it made me laugh), I started to feel regret and sadness in my heart....they may not have been used often, but they made me happy......SO -
in the spirit of JudieH's comments, they are on their way to family in FL for their use and pleasure. Of course, I mentioned that as family, I could exhibit bad manners in the future and ask for them back!!!!!
Best of both worlds...they are out of my closet, no longer taunting me, they will be used/loved by others and I've never REALLY had to say "good bye".....and sep, I can use my new Goldrush Lorca w/o guilt!

Thanks everyone for your recommendations/guidance....you've "enabled" me.

Good job!! Now if you have any other bags you need to give away I'm sure any of your lovely tPF friends (me! me! me!) would be happy to provide loving homes and will be happy to grant you unlimited visitation rights!! :roflmfao: