What to do? Opinions please

Fancy_Pants

Mar 15, 2011
Last week I text my SA to see if I could charge a DE Speedy B 35 over the phone and have her send it to me before the price increase. She said that they were sold out of them but if that one came in before Wednesday this week, she could honor at old price. I didn't hear anything from her by yesterday so I panicked and tried to order one online. Everything was showing as sold out at that time so I call the 1-800 number to order.

Because it was showing as sold out online, the Rep on the phone said she could put in a request for one and then once they found one, they would honor the old price and that I could probably hear from her within 5 days. She said that once she confirmed, they would charge me and send it.

But now, my SA just called me and told me that they have one in for me. I would rather my SA get the sale but I do already have that one potentially coming from the phone order.

Should I just call in and try to cancel the phone order and have my SA send me the one she got it? The one that she has in made in USA. I am wondering if the one ordered over the phone might be MIF. (I don't even know why I care so much....pretty much all my bags are made in the USA already).

Should I just let both orders go through in case there is something wrong with one. And return one of them when they arrive?

I would cancel one. Mainly because I've read horror stories of how people try to return items and they won't take it back because it looks worn (even though they never used it). This hasn't happened to me and I've had awesome return/exchange experiences, but I wouldn't risk it! I'd stick with the in store one because I'm impatient and want it right away hehe

When reading through your post I immediately thought that you should cancel the phone order and give your SA the business. I think it is important to be loyal to that relationship, especially with her tracking the bag for you and honoring the old price. But then I saw where you said you could get both and just return one. I like that idea much better. While I personally don't care about MIF, if it's important to you then I think you should at least see so you don't wonder "what if..." At the same time, I think it is important for you to give your SA the sale, so I think you should mull that over a little bit more.

Thanks for all your opinions. I appreciate it. I actually had zero thought about cancelling the sale with my SA. I should have made that part more clear. I was more trying to decide between outright cancelling the phone order, or letting both orders go through just in case there is something wrong with one of them. I would much rather my SA get the credit and I am pretty loyal to her now that we have an established relationship.

But, I do know that the one my SA has in made in USA and my curiosity about the phone order one being possibly MIF is making me want to see about it too.

I had explained to my SA that I had ended up placing a phone order one too since she had not been sure if she could get one in time so I was wondering if she could cancel that phone order one on her end or if I needed to call myself and cancel it (not sure how their system works). She replied that it was totally fine if I wanted to let that order go through and cancel the one with her. But I told her that I would feel awful doing that to her. She tried to assure me that it really would be ok. But I just wouldn't feel right doing that. So I had told her that I wold call and cancel the phone order and then call her back and give her my card $ and stuff to place the order with her. (I did call her back and place the order with her).

Funny thing is, she charged me $15 shipping/handling and the one I had ordered over the phone would have free shipping. So I paid more to get the one from my SA. :P

I still haven't cancelled the phone order yet though. I'm tempted to keep that order placed to make sure I can pick between the best bag. But then I would still feel guilty returning one if it happened to be the one I bought from my SA. Maybe I will just sell one of them after the both get here. Fortunately I don't have sales tax so I won't be out much, if anything.

Last edited:
dont sell it. your SA is not on commission, so losing one sale wouldn't hurt her. its her job, she shouldn't take it personal and you shouldn't either. after listing, sellers fee, shipping fee, etc.. you'll be losing more than a few bucks on a brand new bag. not to mention the headache of worrying about fraud.

I totally feel guilty if I let her know I am coming in and don't end up buying anything from her. I guess it's just how I am. :shame: I made a special trip up to the store last month to with the intention of getting the Infini Empreinte Speedy and felt so bad when I realized that I didn't 'love it' enough in person to buy it. I did end up buying the Leopard Speedy that same week though so I didn't feel guilty for long.