What to do? Inherited lighter...

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I recently received a lighter that used to belong to my great uncle who gave it to my dad long long ago (both have since passed away)

I didn't receive anything but the lighter - no authentication card, box, etc. I want to spiff up the lighter and have it polished, flint changed/checked, etc.

Is it possible to take this into a Cartier store to have them service it even if I don't have the authentication card? Is it even possible to have them service something that old (at least 20 years old)

2. I would just bring it in. The company has been around a very long time. I'm sure people bring in vintage stuff all of time! I wouldn't ask if it's authentic because I know they don't authenticate but I would definitely at least try to bring it in.

3. Thanks! I'm going to have them look at it I guess the worst they can say is no then I'll take it to a jewelers.

4. Yes, for sure. You don't need a receipt to get it serviced. Good luck and if you can post and pre and post pix. I'm curious if they Wld Polish and do other maintenance.... Thanks!