What to do in the meantime....

LValicious

Aug 28, 2013
What do you ladies do when you have to wait??? Ugh!!! I have fallen head over heels in love with two bags and it's all I can think about!!!! I have to be on a mini ban because I just received a 2 (I know, I must sound greedy) LV items from my sweet hubby one for Mother's Day and one our Anniversary last week.

So what do you do when you must wait?? I've already watched YouTube videos, looked at pics in the club house....Help!

After watching the same YouTube videos and looking at pics over and over again, I found something in my closet to sell in order to help speed up the process :P (CL pumps which I never wear).

And no, you don't sound greedy - we're just addicted :graucho:

I'm the same way.. I usually end up buying the item. For my bday/mother's day I got the DE pochette nm & cosmetic case. A month later I decided I wanted the DE totally mm and had to have it. 2 weeks later the tuileries came out and I wanted to get it early while my chances of getting a made in France or Spain were better. Luckily I'm content for now but it's hard.

Is there anything you can sell to help fund your latest obsession? I do what you do, videos, forum, etc. It helps.

I'm the same way.. I usually end up buying the item. For my bday/mother's day I got the DE pochette nm & cosmetic case. A month later I decided I wanted the DE totally mm and had to have it. 2 weeks later the tuileries came out and I wanted to get it early while my chances of getting a made in France or Spain were better. Luckily I'm content for now but it's hard.

Is there anything you can sell to help fund your latest obsession? I do what you do, videos, forum, etc. It helps.

How you like the Tuileries? I put it on my wishlist but haven't seen much info on it.

Well right now I am on a ban too! I'd love to go out tomorrow and get the bag I have been stalking but I know I must wait. Like you I purchased two bags in April and two late May. My husband says I must sell something to buy something. But honestly I do not have any thing in my collection that I want to sell right now. So for me right now staying away from the LV site helps and I definitely will not go to the boutique because I am no window shopper. I still love the reveals here on the forum kind of helps me sustain because I can be happy for someone else's purchase. I switch my bags quite often if not daily so I do not get bored with one bag. Sounds crazy but I think carrying the same bag for a week would drive me crazy because I thrive on variety. Staying off the LV site is a big one when I have to wait - take away the temptation. The more you stalk on the site the more you absolutely do not want to wait for that bag. I also find that in the waiting process I allow myself a few more options I was not even considering. Waiting is hard yes but sometimes necessary. If I would have went out and bought the bag I wanted the Voltaire and the Tuileries would have not been released - now I have two more options. And because they are new waiting to see the problems that arise so they can fix is a good thing.

Stay away from the site - do not stalk daily!

Be Blessed MoNikki

How you like the Tuileries? I put it on my wishlist but haven't seen much info on it.

I really like it so far. We've had iffy weather here the past week and a half so I've mostly been letting it sit near the window to get a little more patina. I don't carry it zipped so it's not as hobo-ish when unzipped. It reminds me more of a tote. I love the interior. I'm planning on doing a full review on youtube hopefully in the next month or so after having used it for awhile. I'm surprised more people haven't purchased it, it really is a beautiful bag although expensive for canvas (for me at least).

I really like it so far. We've had iffy weather here the past week and a half so I've mostly been letting it sit near the window to get a little more patina. I don't carry it zipped so it's not as hobo-ish when unzipped. It reminds me more of a tote. I love the interior. I'm planning on doing a full review on youtube hopefully in the next month or so after having used it for awhile. I'm surprised more people haven't purchased it, it really is a beautiful bag although expensive for canvas (for me at least).

Thanks for the info! I think its such a pretty bag and forgot to try it on last time I was at the store and won't be back for about a month...is it slouchy like the sully? I can't wait to see the video! I also thought there would be a lot of reveals on this bag...I wasn't sure I wanted to get it without at least trying it on first....agree the interior is beautiful!

I thought I was the only one!!! Good to know that someone else has the same problem!

I ended up just bought the bags and ended my misery, I sold one bag as well so that my bf won't be too mad at me.....

After watching the same YouTube videos and looking at pics over and over again, I found something in my closet to sell in order to help speed up the process :P (CL pumps which I never wear).

And no, you don't sound greedy - we're just addicted :graucho:

Thank you for telling me I'm not greedy. Lol! No one understands better than TPF members! I currently am selling somethings I'm not using too :biggrin:

I am currently selling some things as we speak. I have the $ saved for one bag. However, I usually save my $ for an item then when we go to LV my hubby ends up telling me to keep the money I saved (through whatever means, like work, selling on eBay etc) for something I want and he will buy it. Which is so nice of him I just don't want him to think I'm ungrateful for what he's just purchased :/

I window/look online at different styles, trying to plan out what I want. If this doesn't work, I will go through my collection and carry something I haven't used in while.

Hi, like some of the other posters, I also like to try to sell a few things to speed up the process of getting what I really want or need. I also take a good look at my wardrobe, purses and accessories/slgs and assess what really works for me and what doesnt so I can be sure to make the right decision for my next purchase. Finally, I keep reading and posting to purse forum ! :smile:

I window/look online at different styles, trying to plan out what I want. If this doesn't work, I will go through my collection and carry something I haven't used in while.

I love this. Actually when I went out yesterday to buy the Favorite PM, which I obsessed about for months, I wore my Amarante Alma BB which I rarely use. I fell in love all over again to the point where I almost felt like I didn't need to go out and buy another bag! Although I still did :P

I don't mind the waiting, it makes the purchase that much more special. It also gives me lots of time to debate whether I really want the bag (as I don't sell any of them).

I have pretty much decided on what I am getting next month but I will also try on the next item on my wishlist. Just to make sure I have the ordering on my wishlist is correct.

It's not greed, it's LVoe. :lol: