What to do in Portland OR?

The NW 23rd area also has cute shops and good restaurants.

Powells is always a must. The downtown Nordstrom now has Chanel and D & G boutiques (previously, only Saks carried Chanel).

There are plenty of interesting things to do in Portland. What kind of activities are you interested in?

There are lots of fabulous restaurants in the area. I'll try to come back with more details later....I'm posting this on the run

My parents used to live in Beaverton which is very close to Portland, OR. Shopping I suggest Pioneer Place. It's never very crowded, has LV, Coach, Saks and many other shops. I suggest Todai if you like sushi. Todai is very close to Pioneer Place. Fairly pricy for a buffet-style restaurant but the food is delicious. Hmm..my only other recommendation is to dine at the Melting Pot. The fondue is delicious :tup:

Shopping is my favorite activity, also like anything to do with animals. Love restaurants, pasta, steak, sushi,.

We have a great zoo here, which is not far from downtown.

Portland is loaded with great restaurants! My all-time favorite is Habibi in downtown Portland. It's Mediterranean and the food is fabulous! Plus the owner is very nice and not too bad on the eyes! LOL

On the weekends until Christmas, there is the Saturday Market downtown. It's local artisans selling their stuff. You can get some cool things there and the people-watching is rather entertaining! You're bound to see 'Elvis' wandering about.

Hmmm...for other restaurants....Pasta...Pazzo in downtown on Broadway comes to mind..steak...there's Ruth Cris, Morton's Steak House, El Gaucho (that one is rather expensive, though...sushi....I don't do sushi so I have no clue! LOL Oba is fabulous (have a mojito for sure!)...oh my...Portland is just loaded with great restaurants and little clubs. There is Caprial's (from PBS).

Are you staying in a hotel? They'll have lots of good ideas. I'm sure there will be holiday things going on.

I could think of more (and more specific) if my poor old brain wasn't all befuddled with a cold! LOL

Ohhh! One more shopping place...Nordstrom Rack in downtown Portland.

Oh and just a heads up- All gas stations in Oregon are FULL SERVICE! It's a state law or something! I was really taken aback by this when I pulled into one and some kid walked up to the car- I didn't realize he was there to pump the gas!

Definitely go to Powells Book Store! Also if you are into microbreweries and good beer, go to the Rogue Distillery for a meal and drinks.

One of my favorite online boutiques, Le Train Bleu's brick and mortar store is in Portland. I also visited their Nordstrom Rack and Anthropologie while I was in town. There are tons of great coffee shops and neat little vintage stores too on Hawthorne Street. (That's where I stayed with a friend while visiting).

Definitely go to Powells Book Store!

Powell's is a book lover's paradise and is the largest non-goverment bookstore in the United States. And they give you a map to navigate your way around the store.

The Pearl District is wonderful (where Powell's bookstore is located) and there's a lot of great places (boutiques) to shop and nice restaurants there as well.

The last time I was there for a visit it was more then boring, the mall that I was showed to was ever so boring. I never even knew those boutiques existed! I so must go back there sometime!