What to do in Nebraska?

~KT~

Mar 21, 2007
Hi, I'm Katie.I haven't posted much but I love this place, it's too addicting.

So anyways, my boyfriend and I are going to Nebraska December 31st - January 5th to visit his mom. She works during the day and we will have access to her car so I was wondering what interesting things there is to do. She lives in York so it's kinda far away from a lot of stuff.My boyfriend and I have been talking about eloping there also, mostly as a joke but it gets more serious every time we discuss it.:graucho: :nuts:We had our 5 year anniversary last November and everyone keeps asking us when we are getting married anyways....:angel:

I'm also going crazy trying to think of a present she will like for Xmas. What do you think a 40 year old single mom would like? Unfortunately she's not into anything designer, we are thinking of buying her a wii.

Any suggestions and advice are well appreciated!
Katie

You didn't say where abouts in NE, so don't know for sure what you will be close to. But if you have the time you can come on across to Kansas and see the worlds biggest ball of twine. :flowers:

There is a vineyard in Lincoln and a friend of mine got married there a few years ago, I can't remember the name of it, but could ask if you wanted me too. Lincoln was also known for lots of wonderful antique stores (I love antique stores) but I haven't been to Lincoln in several years.

Not sure if you would be interested in going to Omaha or not it would be further but they have a great zoo.

I live in Nebraska...I am on the other end of the state however from where you will be.

I am not sure how far Lincoln is from York but Lincoln is a FANTASTIC town!!! There is great shopping and a great old town section that has wonderful food!

Have a blast!!!

Well I live in Nebraska and very close to York (hour away) and there's not really much to do there. At least there is a Wal-Mart in York lol. I say your best bet is to head to Lincoln, it's only about an hour from York : ) There are plenty of stores there like Old Navy, Gap, etc.

There is a great winery called James Arthur Vineyard. There is a website. It's a cute fun place. I like going there anyways. It's in Raymond - probably an hour away. The good thing about York is that is right next to the interstate so it doen't take long to get to Lincoln.