What to do in Nebraska?

~KT~

Mar 21, 2007
Hi, I'm Katie.I haven't posted much but I love this place, it's too addicting.

So anyways, my boyfriend and I are going to Nebraska December 31st - January 5th to visit his mom. She works during the day and we will have access to her car so I was wondering what interesting things there is to do. She lives in York so it's kinda far away from a lot of stuff.My boyfriend and I have been talking about eloping there also, mostly as a joke but it gets more serious every time we discuss it.:graucho: :nuts:We had our 5 year anniversary last November and everyone keeps asking us when we are getting married anyways....:angel:

I'm also going crazy trying to think of a present she will like for Xmas. What do you think a 40 year old single mom would like? Unfortunately she's not into anything designer, we are thinking of buying her a wii.

Any suggestions and advice are well appreciated!
Katie

Obsessive lv

Oct 30, 2006
There is a vineyard in Lincoln and a friend of mine got married there a few years ago, I can't remember the name of it, but could ask if you wanted me too. Lincoln was also known for lots of wonderful antique stores (I love antique stores) but I haven't been to Lincoln in several years.

Not sure if you would be interested in going to Omaha or not it would be further but they have a great zoo.

Jan 20, 2007
I live in Nebraska...I am on the other end of the state however from where you will be.

I am not sure how far Lincoln is from York but Lincoln is a FANTASTIC town!!! There is great shopping and a great old town section that has wonderful food!

Have a blast!!!

missypoo

Pure Imagination
May 10, 2006
Well I live in Nebraska and very close to York (hour away) and there's not really much to do there. At least there is a Wal-Mart in York lol. I say your best bet is to head to Lincoln, it's only about an hour from York : ) There are plenty of stores there like Old Navy, Gap, etc.

sarahjojo99

Nov 5, 2006
There is a great winery called James Arthur Vineyard. There is a website. It's a cute fun place. I like going there anyways. It's in Raymond - probably an hour away. The good thing about York is that is right next to the interstate so it doen't take long to get to Lincoln.