what to do in maine?

1. my bf and i are going to maine for memorial day...does anyone have any suggestions of what to see/do there? we're staying in boothbay harbor friday - monday... mmm...can't wait for the lobster...lol...

2. Take the ferry rides--there are several interesting ones. There's a long one that goes to a summer artist's colony--Monhegan Island--the Inn on the Island isn't bad for lunch.

3. Hi - I'm in Maine!! Southern Maine though....Not sure what's up in Boothbay to do but visit the information booth/Chamber of Commerce and I'm sure you'll find information on things to do - hopefully it will be nice weather....Enjoy!

4. thanks for the info! i heard there are outlets in maine. are they any good?

5. There are some in Freeport - and the big LL Bean is nice. It is a nice area to walk around in. Coach is up there. I got a bunch of cashmere scarves at the Burberry outlet and they seemed well stocked. Other Maine outlets are very blah but I like Freeport.

6. I thought about it last night in bed that should tell you about the outlets! Actually, Kittery (which is when you first drive into the state) has a ton of outlets - good ones too. Very comparable to Freeport (which is about 1.25 hrs. from Kittery). Of course Freeport has LL Bean and nice outlets...(they have a Burberry where Kittery does not - also a great Cole Haan store - real store, not just an outlet as in Kittery). Let me know if you're looking for specific stores - nothing too high end but Coach and Dooney are in Freeport (Coach only in Kittery); etc....Freeport is easier walking around and all stores closer than Kittery...

7. Go to LL Beane :smile:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice