What to do: buy 2 cheaper bags or 1 expensive one?

Frenchie D.

Dec 9, 2010
I've been planning a purchase for a few months now and am suddenly facing a dilemma. I need a big bag for everyday errands and have decided to get the neverfull MM in damier ebene. I have a little boy and a baby on the way so it needs to fit all my stuff plus the baby stuff (soon x2). In other words, I need this bag and I think it looks really nice. I also love speedies (I have 30 mono and adore that bag) and would like to get a 25 in damier ebene later this year after I save up for it.

I was chatting to my husband about my purchase plans and he said he'd like to contribute to it and buy me the speedy.
So now I'm thinking whether I should use the money and get a more expensive bag that I normally couldn't afford. There isn't anything that I'm dying to get in that price range but I do like several bags, like the Tivoli gm or the Trevi pm.

Am I being silly? Should I just get the Neverfull that I need and the speedy, or get a more expensive bag as an investment piece?

TIA for your wise words and support.

get the neverfull and the speedy. The neverfull is great with kids and everyone needs a speedy!
if you get a more expensive bag, especially when you don't even have a particular bag in mind, go for the ones you originally wanted.
I have owned expensive bags and the cheaper ones and I have found that I love and use the cheaper ones more. The more expensive bags require more fussing and care and and that is not something you want to have to deal with with kids.
Get a more expensive bag later that you can use for special occasions.

I have the Trevi pm and honestly have to force myself to use it. It's super adorable but it's heavy and not as easy and fuss free as the neverfull. I was actually thinking about getting a neverfull because I think I will get more use out of it.

I would get the Neverfull in ebene since that will definitely be a bag you could use daily. I would wait on purchasing another bag until you have set your sights on one you really love. Just a thought, but have you considered the Eva? It's versatile, and you could wear it cross-body to be hands-free while with the kids.
Congrats on your pregnancy!!

I'm not such a fan over the NF. I had one as my first LV and I sold it. I think for a dual purpose (mommy/diaper) bag you might want to have one with a zipper and/or thicker straps. Maybe the totally or tivoli GM?

But if your heart is set on the NF you should get that!

Thanks girls! :hugs:

It is good to hear honest opinion about these things. I think I will get the NF and the speedy as originally planned, and a small something later on (I'd love a sarah wallet in pomme d'amour).

I'm kinda waiting for a classy bag in damier ebene that will take my breath away. What they have at the moment is nice but doesn't make my heart sing.

I think I'll drop by the boutique tomorrow :graucho:

I LOVE my trevi pm, but I think for your purposes it would be too small to hold everything that you need. I also think the neverfull mm might be too small as well (perhaps the GM would be better for you). There's also the Totally...that bag seems to be pretty spacious...

I would get what I need. Since you've got a little one and another bundle on the way, it would be more pratical to get the NF MM and the Speedy. The NF is a work horse and in Damier it just doesn't show alot of ware and tear. The Speedy could be your " dresser " bag. Remember, the Speedy is iconic and you can dress it up or down.

Maybe you could get your high end bag as a gift for being such a good mommy!! I would put in on your hubby's mind!!:smile:

Good luck on your trip to the boutique!!!