what to do ? Burberry quilted Jacket

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I got my first burberry quilted jacket from Nordstrom for $236. Its the westbury with buttons. I got the black one in xs. Now my problem is that I think I payed too much for the jacket. I saw saks had it on sale for $147-185, so paying $236 hurts.Also, the jacket is a tiny it long. I have not used it yet and plan to return it if I find something any cheaper than this. what do you guys think ? any suggestion ?

2. #2 Feb 16, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2010
  3. What do you mean it's long? Like, long at the sleeves or just length wise it's long?

How does it fit? I think it's a beautiful jacket, and you're fortunate to have gotten it in black.

The one on Saks for $147 is the Constance, similar, but still different styles. I like the Westbury better.

I think you still got it at a great deal and should keep it, but if the price bothers you and it doesn't look as good as you want it to when you wear it, than return it.

4. its length wise long. I am only 5 ft 1 in. So looks a bit long on me. It fits well though in the chest area and such.

5. I have 2 Constances, and yeah, they're long on me too. I'm only 5 feet and it's lenth wise and the sleeves are long too. I like them though - I think the quilted jackets are a classic.

6. the westbury replaces the constance
    if you want a shorter jacket gt the long mere
    but you got a good deal at 236 we still have the black for 395 at my store

7. Hi there,

I'm a newbie to the forum, but long-time fan (and purchaser) of Burberry.

@mumar_k -- was the Westbury on sale or clearance at your Nordstroms? I saw it this weekend for $395, but would much prefer for pay the lower price. Please let us know how you got such a great deal. I'm in the market for 2 mediums. Cheers.

8. I was traveling and went to the Nordstrom store in Illinois. They had it for sale(just for that week) but I did not buy it. Then after I came back from my trip I kept thinking about it. Called nordstrom and got it shipped to me. But then I saw it for $147 in saks online and was a bit :nuts:. I am wondering if I got luck with the black color?

Keep looking online and instore. They go on sale and sell really quick. Burberry.com has some on sale too right now.

9. Thanks mumar_k! I just gave the Palo Alto store a call to see if they'd be willing to price-match with the Illinois store. Here's hoping it works--I'll know more tomorrow!

10. let me know if they did a price match !

11. I just heard back today, and no dice. According to the salesperson, the IL stores only had a sale on the Westbury jackets last fall, and black wasn't included. So you got *really* lucky mumar_k!

12. I am sorry to hear that. Do you want only black color? Its strange that they say this. anyways, good luck.

13. Yep, I'm only interested in the black. The other colors are nice, but I really need a basic black jacket.

Thanks for your help!

14. Cute jacket.