What to Do Around the MJ/MBMJ Boutiques?

MittenedThings

OK just one more
O.G.
Nov 28, 2006
I'm thinking of going to the MBMJ store in W. Hollywood the next couple of weeks. Does anyone have any recommendations on what else to do, eat, or see while I'm in the area? It's not a super long drive (I live about 35-40 minutes away), but I figured I might as well get the most out of it.

There are many cool shops up and down melrose. Many vintage/resell ones, and there's also an urban outfitters... You could drive down to the Beverly center or to the farmer's market by the grove! I usually go to the farmer's market to pick up a crepe after a visit!!!

The mbmj store is across the street, and there's an Alexander McQueen store and a Fred Segal. I believe there was a mulberry, but it might have closed... I'm not sure :biggrin:

I love going to the farmer's market too (the Nordstroms at the Grove is also great, and there's a Barney's Co-op, Anthropologie.... and I can't remember what else). Definitely a lot of boutiques on Melrose. The Loehmanns just a block or two south of the Beverly Center is really good (they kicked out all the men's clothing to another store across from the Bev Center, so it's pretty big and has it's own parking structure).

Also, there's a small building in the Pacific Design Center lot in W Hollywood on Melrose that MOCA (Museum of Contemporary Art) uses for exhibits. Admission is free, but it's closed Mondays. It's west of the MJ and MbMJ boutique.

Check out Decadestwo on Melrose. Its a high-end consignment store. They carry designer clothing, purses and shoes. The last time I was there I was tempted by a few MJ purses and some CL' shoes!