What to do about color changes/fading on stripped viola

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi, everyone, this is my first post on tPF. (I've been lurking off and on for 3+ years now, I think.)

I just purchased the stripped crossbody in viola from the Bay. It's a beautiful bag; however, it was a display model, and is now about three distinct colors: 1) The original viola, which I saw when I took the protective paper off the strap; 2) a lighter, slightly more plummy/red purple on the back of the bag and under the flap, which looks like the "normal" color viola would be after exposure to use; 3) an almost rose/pink color on the front of the bag, which was exposed to display lighting.

It isn't as bad as it sounds, because the varigated of crinkly leather of the stripped has a lot of shading and texture. I could probably wear it as-is and hardly anyone would notice unless I took the bag off and laid it down with the shoulder strap resting on the front flap.

I'm thinking of treating it with Lexol conditioner or some other thing I have in my leather arsenal - I haven't decided what - but I'd really like to know what kind of leather and finish I'm working with. I think it's lambskin, and I suspect it's a naked leather but I'm not knowledgeable enough to know for sure.

I haven't been able to find info on the Treesje website; I looked through this forum and read the couple of threads on Treesje leather care, but I can't find what I'm looking for.

Does anyone have more information they could share? Thank you.

2. Hi tldh! Welcome!

You can email treesje directly, they're usually pretty good with answering queries. :smile: