What to do about a defective bag?

I actually had a perfectly cordial conversation with the manager this afternoon. She agreed that a repair like this was fine if I had damaged the bag myself, but not acceptable since the bag had come to me originally defective. Fortunately she had seen the skipped stitches prior to sending it to BH. She said she'd want the bag perfect to start with also.

I'm returning it and will either get a credit, or she said she'll return it to Paris and get another just like it.

Easy, breezy.

Thanks for all your help. I'm so glad to know that H stands behind its quality, even when they make the very rare error.

That's great to hear, I like your manager. :tup:

I'm sure I wasn't completely clear in my initial post. The repair would have been acceptable, if I had damaged the bag. I didn't damage this bag in any way.

This bag was DEFECTIVE. It had been poorly stitched. It should not have ever left the atelier to be sold. The manager at my boutique looked at it and said it was defective.

I actually had a perfectly cordial conversation with the manager this afternoon. She agreed that a repair like this was fine if I had damaged the bag myself, but not acceptable since the bag had come to me originally defective. Fortunately she had seen the skipped stitches prior to sending it to BH. She said she'd want the bag perfect to start with also.

I'm returning it and will either get a credit, or she said she'll return it to Paris and get another just like it.

Easy, breezy.

Thanks for all your help. I'm so glad to know that H stands behind its quality, even when they make the very rare error.

Glad this had a happy outcome.

I hope you get another little warrior soon, one in perfect health, unlike the previous specimen.

gga, i was pretty surprised that a defective bag actually got sent out of the workshop to the store and finally to u!!! Considering Hermes has such high standards of their products. I feel that u shld actually write in, not as a compalain, but out of concern why such a product could reach u. No matter what, i feel u shld at least deserve an explanation.

Glad this had a happy outcome.

I hope you get another little warrior soon, one in perfect health, unlike the previous specimen.

Thank you, WN. Warriors simply cannot fight very well when they're missing their stitches. It's just one of those physiological impossibilities.

I'm now down a soldier, and my little glamour army is a bit demoralized.

Thank you, WN. Warriors simply cannot fight very well when they're missing their stitches. It's just one of those physiological impossibilities.

I'm now down a soldier, and my little glamour army is a bit demoralized.

Time to get new recruits. :P

Btw I tried on a PM the other day and am rather pleased with the overall look. It was the wrong colour/leather though, so I'll just have to be patient.

my original bag that i had shipped in to my store was graphite clemence. didn't love it in a massai. too blah. cynthia was with me. she and my SA agreed. so i got black clemence instead. which is lovely. i know a store that has gold if you're interested. it's GORGY.

I'm sure I wasn't completely clear in my initial post. The repair would have been acceptable, if I had damaged the bag. I didn't damage this bag in any way.

This bag was DEFECTIVE. It had been poorly stitched. It should not have ever left the atelier to be sold. The manager at my boutique looked at it and said it was defective.

Easy, breezy.

Oh, gga, I'm so happy this is resolved. It was distressing to think about it happening, and to you, our Massia Goddess, all hail her Majesty. Pls. keep us posted on your return warrior of choice :graucho: they'll all be marching happily together again.

my original bag that i had shipped in to my store was graphite clemence. didn't love it in a massai. too blah. cynthia was with me. she and my SA agreed. so i got black clemence instead. which is lovely. i know a store that has gold if you're interested. it's GORGY.

Sigh. Gold clemence and my skin tone do not match. :sad:

Hmmmm, good to know re graphite clemence. I am on dark grey jag at moment. I wonder if it comes in ardoise clemence. I've seen ardoise chevre and LOVE it.

Anyway, at moment it's wishful thinking. Have to budget for year-end holiday and other expenses. :crybaby:

it's the teeny one. the pm. 3 by 4. i want the gm or as i call it the medium one. 4 by 5. i know my regular store also has the longer one. man, i should learn the real names of these...