- Tiffany solitaire pendant .17
- Cartier Leger blue sapphire pendant
- Tiffany vintage oval key in platinum with diamonds

Option 3 :
- Tiffany solitaire pendant .26
- Tiffany vintage oval key in platinum with diamonds

Option 4 :
Something else completely :smile:

They do have to be suitable for a first job in a conservative work environment (I'm not so sure about the key regarding this factor?).
My earrings are Tiffany .16 platinum DBTY. Somewhere down the road I would like to get bigger studs and keep these as second-hole studs, but for now I'm happy with them :smile:.
Any opinions welcome :smile:

Last edited:

Winterfell

Oct 26, 2013
UK
I would get a bigger solitaire pendant rather than get three necklaces. The solitaire pendant will never go out of fashion. But I am pretty boring and keep wearing the same jewellery! What does the cartier necklace look like? Tried to google but still not sure I know which one you mean.

cvalier26

Sep 26, 2014
I would get a bigger solitaire pendant rather than get three necklaces. The solitaire pendant will never go out of fashion. But I am pretty boring and keep wearing the same jewellery! What does the cartier necklace look like? Tried to google but still not sure I know which one you mean.
Thanks for your answer :smile:. I have thought about a larger solitaire, but I also like the idea of three pendants :smile:, and also I don't want the solitaire to look ostentatious I guess (25yo, first job...)
The cartier necklace is the Saphirs Legers de Cartier in white gold and with a blue sapphire, $1120 :
http://www.cartier.us/collections/j...s/b7224300-saphirs-legers-de-cartier-necklace

Winterfell

Oct 26, 2013
UK
Thanks for the link - that necklace is gorgeous! If it was me I would get the cartier necklace and the diamond solitaire. I'm tempted by the the Cartier one myself!!!!

cvalier26

Sep 26, 2014
Employees I have seen did have nice jewelry and dress well, but I also felt like stone size was like a status thing, i.e. the junior ones have smaller discreet accessories (or maybe this is all in my head idk^^)

cvalier26

Sep 26, 2014
Thanks Winterfell, I also love the necklace and wear lots of black and blue so it would get a lot of wear.
Which size solitaire would you recommend ?

Winterfell

Oct 26, 2013
UK
Maybe but I don't think it matters if you have a slightly bigger stone in your necklace! Get what you love and feel happy wearing.

Winterfell

Oct 26, 2013
UK
Think our posts crossed there - I was replying to the one before! I don't think .26 will look OTT at all. Will you get opportunity to try on in a store and see how you like the different sizes?

cvalier26

Sep 26, 2014
Think our posts crossed there - I was replying to the one before! I don't think .26 will look OTT at all. Will you get opportunity to try on in a store and see how you like the different sizes?
Thanks, yes I will in december, but only one afternoon so I'm aiming to plan my options out in advance as much as possible

cvalier26

Sep 26, 2014
I'd get the 0.12 solitaire and sapphire.
Thanks, I saw your reply in the Tiffany thread also, I'm glad the .12 looks good!

Neither of you mentioned the key, do you dislike it ? I've wanted the solitaire and sapphire for a while, the key is a new desire. I like how it's small and delicate and sparkly, and also like the symbolism.

Winterfell

Oct 26, 2013
UK
Thanks, yes I will in december, but only one afternoon so I'm aiming to plan my options out in advance as much as possible
Yes that's a good idea - if you already have a shortlist. Hopefully, you'll just know which you love the best when you try them. December isn't really that far away now.

Winterfell

Oct 26, 2013
UK
Thanks, I saw your reply in the Tiffany thread also, I'm glad the .12 looks good!

Neither of you mentioned the key, do you dislike it ? I've wanted the solitaire and sapphire for a while, the key is a new desire. I like how it's small and delicate and sparkly, and also like the symbolism.
I like the key but prefer the other two. You need to choose what you love though - if you like the look of the smaller diamond solitaire you could get all three. If the key is small and delicate I am sure it will also be suitable to wear to work.

cvalier26

Sep 26, 2014
I like the key but prefer the other two. You need to choose what you love though - if you like the look of the smaller diamond solitaire you could get all three. If the key is small and delicate I am sure it will also be suitable to wear to work.
I've wanted a small solitaire and a sapphire pendant for a long time so I'm pretty sure about those, just hesitating for the size of the solitaire.

I know it's a little vain, but I do want the solitaire to be from Tiffany :love:, I like the design with the tiny bail, and it's a symbolic gift so a little blue box makes it that much more special :blush:.

The key is the mini model, .75" :
http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Ite...+3709+6&search=0&origin=browse&searchkeyword=
I haven't found any modeling pictures, but from the description it sounds perfect for me :smile:. I love the keys but wasn't comfortable with the idea of the larger diamond ones, I hadn't noticed this mini size.

Winterfell

Oct 26, 2013
UK
The mini size looks just right for the key. I'm sure there's bound to be a TPF member who has one - maybe try and do a search.

It's not vain to prefer a Tiffany solitaire we all have our vices!