What to buy to help this strap?

Kdiamond55

May 17, 2017
I got a new bag which I love but I’m really struggling with the strap, almost to the point of returning it which I really don’t want to do. It’s one of the thicker straps (30mm) and I have it at the shortest setting because #shortpeopleproblems. It has one of the fixed strap holder things (no idea what these are called) but I would like a solution for the end of the strap which sticks out and is very awkward. Here is a pic. Help a lady out please!
image.jpg

KathyN115

O.G.
Aug 15, 2009
Double sided tape used to hold clothes in place (Hollywood tape possibly?) or a clear tiny hairband?
I’m sure you could order one Of those leather pieces to hold the end down, either from LV or Etsy or a local cobbler.
ETA: BEAUTIFUL bag!

Mar 28, 2015
I got a new bag which I love but I’m really struggling with the strap, almost to the point of returning it which I really don’t want to do. It’s one of the thicker straps (30mm) and I have it at the shortest setting because #shortpeopleproblems. It has one of the fixed strap holder things (no idea what these are called) but I would like a solution for the end of the strap which sticks out and is very awkward. Here is a pic. Help a lady out please!
View attachment 4883977

I use a hairtie, I just unbuckle the strap and I slide the hairtie on and use it to keep that part of the bag strap flat

Reactions: Roie55

BULL

Apr 19, 2015
One of those leather bands should be movable, so you can slide it down to hold that end. The one that is visible in the pic.

Kdiamond55

May 17, 2017
Thank you all! I’ve ordered some of the elastics in dark brown and clear. I’ll see how that looks. Bull, sadly it’s a fixed strap holder sewed on! Crazy I know!

23adeline

O.G.
Jan 29, 2010
I’m not sure how wide is your strap but you can try to buy those leather loop for watch strap online, they have different sizes

Emsidee

Jun 10, 2017
Netherlands
Maybe you can try to order an extra strap holder, I don’t know if you can order one at LV or if you would have to go to another place like Mautto.

JJbear

Nov 24, 2012
I’m quite certain the store will replace lost strap holders free of charge. I’m not sure if you can request an extra one but you could definitely try and ask! Or perhaps just lie and say your toddler accidentally cut it off with scissors and tell them which model/style purse you need one for.

Kdiamond55

May 17, 2017
Thanks. I’ve tried Etsy but the watch guards are too small. This is a huge strap 30mm wide. I have ordered another (non LV) strap to see if I like it better. I like a very short strap anyway. This strap is so long it’s insane!

I love the wide short straps like on the Graceful so I ordered one that exact width and length in a chocolate brown. We shall see how it is.