What to buy in new york

Mae2

Mar 8, 2016
Hi everyone

Someone I know is going to new york very Soon and asked if there was something i wanted. The thing is i've looked online but I dont know anything thats unique to new york. Are there any designers that only sell in New York and not in Europe? I'm looking for something special that isnt tooo pricey so things that cost a max of 200$.

Maybe something special from the Tiffany store?..
Something from Kate Spade?..
Sure these items are available world wide, but special because it came directly from NYC and in your price range..

In my opinion the food is what makes NY more unique. Some of the only flagship stores in the US are in NY. Iirc uniqlo and bergdorf are only in NY at least in the US? Obviously you can get high end items at any international metropolitan, but taking a stroll down 5th Ave is worthwhile for serious shoppers.

i just came back from new york and being a sale shopper, i have to admit, i sadly brought nothing back. i loved being in the 7-8 story department stores, but i have to admit, i am so use to NR prices, that buying anything full price hurts. i did try on some 50% off valentino shoes in macy's, but they didn't fit me :sad:

i was surprised at how many longchamp bags i saw... they are not really a thing where i live (so cal), but everyone had a lc in new york!

MZ Wallace is a nice alternative to Longchamp. They are based inNYC and have two stores in the city. Medium metro tote is $215.

Also Jack Rogers has a store in NYC, classic American brand worn by JackieO and inspired by Italian sandals ... Prices start at about $100

Last edited:
This is slightly OT, but it might be worth stopping in a Century 21. I'll bet there are TPFers who can rec trustworthy jeweled in diamond district where your friend could will a good value, and a pretty distinctly NYC experience.