What to avoid when purchasing a Chanel?

CChanty

Dec 23, 2011
Hey Dolls,

Ive been noticing that a lot of people have been complaining about certain problems with there purchases and certain materials used to create the bags. I think it would help a lot if we posted certain problems that we have encountered with certain pieces or materials. For example, a lot of people have told me to avoid the patent leather because of the color transfer. Some individuals say not to get the CC earrings with the crystals because they fall out. Sometimes it seems that Chanel should increase the quality of their items rather than the prices. Thats just my opinion. However, please feel free to share your opinions and warn newbies of Chanel of certain items they might want to avoid for future purchases so they won't encounter the problems that you probably had.

It is ok to purchase patent leather as long as you take proper care of it. If you store patent on top of patent the color will transfer. The transfer of color is not just limited to Chanel, its the nature or the product. I too have heard of the crystasl falling out of the CC earrings but I own several pair with the crystals and I have do not have any issues. My motto is be good to your purchases (making sure that you don't abuse your merchandise and store it properly) and you purchases will be good to you.

Now this is coming from someone who has to force herself to use her Evelyn II Hermes bag for fear of getting mark on it, but I was just told by a sales rep at Chanel to only buy white bags in small. For all you girls out there that proudly walk around with your light colored bags, I aspire to be you :smile:

Now this is coming from someone who has to force herself to use her Evelyn II Hermes bag for fear of getting mark on it, but I was just told by a sales rep at Chanel to only buy white bags in small. For all you girls out there that proudly walk around with your light colored bags, I aspire to be you :smile:

I have to ask, why white bags in small only? I have been thinking about getting a white jumbo.

I have heard people say to paint the costume rhinestone jewelry with clear nail polish to prevent the rhinestones from falling out. Although I've never tried this myself, I'm not sure if anyone else has tried this trick of if you'd want to risk trying this on the Chanel jewelry since it's $$$...

Based from my recent purchase, its always good to thoroughly check the bag for any imperfections. It does happen.

The back pocket of the chanel flap I purchased recently was not aligned and it was shifted more on one side. I know a few members here that have the same problem. Although its not a big deal and can be ignored, I'm very particular so it really bugs me when I see it. I exchanged it for a better flap with a perfectly aligned pocket

I personally had a negative experience with Chanel costume jewelry wtih some exceptions of course. I take care of them pretty well but the stones did come off on my ring, neckace and earrings.Also, my skin does not agree with their costume jewelry (gold colored in particular) it just seems to turn this dark color within using it in a short period of time . I'm not saying its not good quality but its just not for me. But my experience with their shoes, brooches and pearl necklaces have been amazing!

Last edited: