What time...

bluekit said:
Wow. I know of many who are in investment banking who work crazy hours. What time do you get off though when you had to begin work at 5:45a?

market close at 1:00PM and we usually are done around 4. but depends on meeting with clients, we are practically on call. I am pretty glad my current job has more structured hours but it is still longer ( and weekends, too!) than sweet school times...

taiBe said:
Wait until you have to get yourself ready and a 3 year old toddler... and arrive at work by 8:00 AM.

taiBe, having a child is like have another full time job! but I bet the reward is greater than any high paying job exists. :amuse:

purselova34 said:
I was just just wondering since most of you lovely ladies work or go to school, what time do most of you leave your home/dorm? I usually leave about 8:30, because my classes usually start at 10 and it's about an hour commute. Fridays, though, I leave at 7:30 to get there for my class at 9.

since i work the night shift from 7pm-730am, i leave the house at 630pm.

I'm up at 5:00, at the gym by 5:30, do an hour workout, takes me an hour to get ready, leave the gym around 7:30 and I'm at work between 8:00 and 8:15, depending on traffic. I get home around 6:00 :wacko: No wonder I like to sleep for 10-12 hours on the weekends :P

Care said:
I miss school days... everything is much more relaxed and organized.. work day means you never know when you'll get to go home.
I miss that too. I'm working 60 hours or more a week right now. It's going to end in 2 weeks maybe. Not sure. I walk out of my apartment to the bus stop in fron of the complex at 8 AM.

I am a freelance court reporter. My depositions are usually scheduled for 10:00 a.m. or 2:00 p.m. For the most part though I usually have 10:00 a.m. depositions. There are times when they schedule them at crazy times. This week two days I had them scheduled at 11:00 a.m., and today I had one scheduled at 12:00 p.m. which was canceled.

Cristina said:
I'm up at 5:00, at the gym by 5:30, do an hour workout, takes me an hour to get ready, leave the gym around 7:30 and I'm at work between 8:00 and 8:15, depending on traffic. I get home around 6:00 :wacko: No wonder I like to sleep for 10-12 hours on the weekends :P

Totally admire your schedule. Up at 5am and head to the gym, i wish i could do that. I think i sleep too much. :shame: I usually get up around 8:30 or 9 and be at work around 10am. Although my class starts this Sat so i'll have to get up really early, around 7:30. :sad2:

vuittonGirl said:
Totally admire your schedule. Up at 5am and head to the gym, i wish i could do that. I think i sleep too much. :shame: I usually get up around 8:30 or 9 and be at work around 10am. Although my class starts this Sat so i'll have to get up really early, around 7:30. :sad2:

I used to go after work, but I wasn't getting home until close to 8 p.m. I'd rather sacrifice a little over an hour of sleep, get up early and get the workout out of the way, and be able to spend more time at home in the evenings. It took a little while, but after almost two months, I'm finally used to it :nuts: When I was in school I'd go at night, since I scheduled my classes during the mid-morning/afternoon.

Cristina said:
Gosh, I wish I had this schedule too. I'm glad you're able to stick to the workout!:P

I'm up at 6:00 and leave the house at 7:00. I'm home around 5:00, then my next job starts (mommy duties). I hardly ever get time to myself. Only when DH and DC are asleep!

I try to leave for work before 8:15am eventhough we can come in whenever. Most days I don't get home until after 10pm. Yeah, it's crazy but my hubby's sked is worse. He sometimes doesn't get home until midnight. :sad: