What time...

purselova34

Jan 15, 2006
I was just just wondering since most of you lovely ladies work or go to school, what time do most of you leave your home/dorm? I usually leave about 8:30, because my classes usually start at 10 and it's about an hour commute. Fridays, though, I leave at 7:30 to get there for my class at 9.

The brokerage I used to work for required us to be there at 5:45AM to match East Coast stock exchange time.

Thank god I am no longer working that crazy hours.. I am much more appreciative of going to work at 8:30.

When I go back to school in May, my class starts at 8:00 a.m. I leave my house at 7:15. It only takes 5 minutes to get to school and I like to read ahead. I don't get home until 3:30 or 4:00 pm.

i leave around 7:20 to get to my base high school 5 minutes away. the bus leaves around 7:30 and i get to school at 8:00 and the actual school day starts at 8:30 and 9:00 on thursdays. i get home between 7:30 and 8:00 pm...geez it sucks

Mariah said:
i leave around 7:20 to get to my base high school 5 minutes away. the bus leaves around 7:30 and i get to school at 8:00 and the actual school day starts at 8:30 and 9:00 on thursdays. i get home between 7:30 and 8:00 pm...geez it sucks

You're there a long time. Is it just straight school or sports or extra curricular (sp?) activities, too? :huh:

purselova34 said:
You're there a long time. Is it just straight school or sports or extra curricular (sp?) activities, too? :huh:

school ends at 3:50. then i go to the river for crew and leave there around 6:30 (for now...). when day light savings time starts i leave at like 7:30 and get home after 8.

everyday is a looooong day!

Mariah said:
school ends at 3:50. then i go to the river for crew and leave there around 6:30 (for now...). when day light savings time starts i leave at like 7:30 and get home after 8.

everyday is a looooong day!

Yeah, the day can be too long. :sad2: I think all the hard work will show when you go to college. You'll do really well. :biggrin:

Mon and Wed I have classes from 12:40 to 2:40. Tues and thurs I only have one class at 1:50-2:40. And fridays I have one class from 12:40 to 1:30. I detest monday and wed classes. I have to take the campus bus because my classes are far apart. Most of the time the bus is on time but on a few occasions it has been late and I was late to my class and my math professor hates it when you show up late.

purselova34 said:
Yeah, the day can be too long. :sad2: I think all the hard work will show when you go to college. You'll do really well. :biggrin:

aww, thanks that's really sweet! :shame:

i just can't wait until college. i know there will be more work but i hope i can have later classes. it's ridiculous!

they used to play around with school times when i was in elementary school. one year they had school starting at like 7:30 and high school started at like 7:00...thank god the next year they realized how flippin' early that was and changed it to 9:20!! :amuse:

Care said:
The brokerage I used to work for required us to be there at 5:45AM to match East Coast stock exchange time.

Thank god I am no longer working that crazy hours.. I am much more appreciative of going to work at 8:30.

Wow. I know of many who are in investment banking who work crazy hours. What time do you get off though when you had to begin work at 5:45a?

^^^You're welcome. I tried really hard in high school and did a lot of honors and ap classes. I feel trying to do the hard stuff really makes college easier to adjust to. Wow, starting at 7. I could never do that. The earliest I could manage 8.