What ? This old thing ?

LOL slowhand, my DH doesn't get 'bags' at all, doesn't understand how come tPF can survive at all, ie 'Really, what can you talk about handbags? It has handles & you put things in to carry. What else?'

Well done for your cunning plan, Baldrick!!

hee i try the trick i got this bag for this price i could sell it for this and he thinks thats great!! a couple of my mulberrys i still havent parted with though lol!

the alexa was the recent one, i said i got this huge discount he was like wow!! haha men

I've taken to hiding bags in full view. When i bought oak Effie recently i used it straight away and it sat on my chest of drawers every night in full view. Took about 4 nights before DH noticed it! The eye rolling and disappointed face appeared as he asked 'is that a new bag?' I then got really annoyed so I informed him I'd sold 2 bags to fund it, no money came out of our account to pay for it so he could damn well stop moaning!He backed down.

Adding to what I said earlier.....nothing much gets past my OH, he loves internet browsing and knows exactly how much Mulberry Bags cost, the only thing I can do is say I had a little discount!

hihi, what a great plan, Slowhand! Love that your DH suggested something like that at all. Hope it goes as planned;)

My OH knows of all my bags, except for one now (my Botkier). But it's soon one year old, so I can really say 'oh, this old thing..'. He also knows about the costs, so it's a bit hard to sneak in bags and use them. He will notice. I also like to show my purchases - I just have to share the lovelies hehe. He thinks they are beautiful, although he really doesn't get that I 'need' so many... But I sneaked in the coral croc clutch early in December, but it came out of the closet before New year. A Xmas pressie for myself at a very good sale price I assured him, a bargain actually that I couldn't pass up. After that I've hidden one bag in the closet for a couple of weeks and planned to not tell him about the Chloé bag either that arrived this week, but when I got my CC bill here the other day, he showed such interest as to what the amount was... So I thought if he finds it, it's better he knows it up front..from me. I'm not good at lying and don't like hiding bags either, so thought it was best to come clean, take the 'shame' and his disappointment.

My OH is also very careful with money, whereas I'm definately not. I'm not good at saving. Wish he would get an expensive hobby, maybe one that involved buying a nice stereo etc..:graucho: But in a way, at least one has some extra money in this household now...

Slowhand, what a cunning plan!! I think this could be one that a few of us might consider adopting.

I've only been buying Mulberry for the last 5 months or so but am already getting little comments from family and friends about 'another bag' , 'how many more do you need?' etc... so this could be a good one for me!!

xx

SH, this is genius - and ofcourse you can say that you have to break them in so that you can sell them on with the leather nicely patina'd - I am loving your work :biggrin:

Last edited:
Brilliant plan Slowhand!

My DH knows that I love my bags and it's my hobby. Luckily that's enough for him. I don't talk about how much they cost or make a big deal of showing off a new addition. He gets bored with it, just like I get bored of his new computer stuff.

I'm just saying that I've moved on from shoes to bags. I think he is glad as he could not understand why I needed so many pairs of shoes. But very soon he will not be able to understand why I need so many bags!!!

SAME HERE!!!

Congrats Slowhand on your new Phoebe and I draw my hat to your clever explanation to your DH!! I'm afraid mine has too keen an eye for me to try and pull any wool over his eyes...:nuts: