What the heck????

Pinkarats

Oct 28, 2006
I just had a potential bidder ask me to send her pictures of the date code and heat stamp of my cerises bag, she says she is a PF member, I asked her what was her forum name, but anyways, what the hell is up with the heat stamping question, please correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that heat stamping was the embossed initials in the bag, right??

But the buyer wants a pic of BOTH the heat stamp and the date code. If she just wanted a pic of the date code. Why would she mention a heat stamp? Unless when she says heat code she means the date code. This is really something that the buyer should be clarifying. I would ask her what she meant before I put words in her mouth.

I would say she is asking for a photo of the stamp that says "Louis Vuitton Paris made in XXXX" That is what they often refer to as a heat stamp in the "authenticate this" thread.

Just a tip...

If you want your pics to come out clear, try not using the flash. Try taking pics of the trademark heat stamp [Louis Vuitton Paris made in ______] and date code stamp outside or somewhere near a window. ;)

you have to take a closer shot using the macro mode of your digital camera (the flower setting). it takes good close up shots when you put it in that setting.

she wants you to take the picture of the heat stamp, the thing that says "LOUIS VUITTON PARIS made in ....."

you pictures doesn't show a clear heat stamp. it's too bright and very far. take out the flash and use macro mode (flower setting). your hand have to be really steady when you use the macro mode so it'll take clear shots.