What styles of shoes do you feel are your essentials?

thegnome

Jun 30, 2010
I have a pair of black flats from Clarks that I've been wearing almost everyday.

Those are pretty much all I wear! What shoes/styles of shoes do you find yourself wearing a lot?

All seasons: ballet flats like Repetto, or the Marjorie from J.Crew, Chanel cap-toe flats, canvas sneakers like Converse for casual
Summer: t-strap flat sandals
Winter: flat, knee-high riding boot style boots

I have a decently big shoe collection but I also find myself wearing the same shoes almost every day!

1. Booties - I loved and wore them long before they were trendy. They were so hard to find then in styles that were not "mature" and I wear them all the time (jeans, dress pants, skirts). When they became "in style" I grabbed every pair I could for fear I would only get one shot for years to come. Thankfully, they have remained "in" for a few years now and the styles get cuter each year!

2. Wedge Sandals in the summer. Easy to walk in, make me taller.

3. Pumps with a 4" heel. My work staple when not in booties. I don't like pumps with a lower heel.

I almost never wear the same shoes two days in a row, but you will almost always see me in one of the above styles.

I'm a huge fan of a great classic pump with a twist for fall & winter and gladiator heels for the summer.

Also, truth be told, I own 78592 pairs of Old Navy flip flops. $2.50? Yes, please.

1. basic pair of pumps: pointy, almond, or round toe whatever your pleasure and heel heght ( I prefer pointy or almond 3.5-4 in height; I wear them in all seasons but more in late fall & winter, multiple colors)

2. ballet flats: same as basic pumps, same rules apply( i particularly wear these after work if I have to go grocery shopping or something)

3. sandals: flip-flops, wedges, whatever your pleasure, but every woman should have one pair even its it a pair of mules that substitute as mules for summer/spring wear

4. boots/booties: so many styles to choose from
-flat: knee high, thigh high, calf length, ankle
-heels:inches, knee, thigh, calf, ankle
-booties: heel height
I just say choose style and height that fits you and your life style , and roll with it.

But those are my categories, and styles. I wear all of them, I have lots of shoes, and try to wear each pair at least once each year. So it basically depends on the season, and what my clothing choice is. LOL

Didnt mean to type an essay, just luv shoes. LOL

All seasons: ballet flats like Repetto, or the Marjorie from J.Crew, Chanel cap-toe flats, canvas sneakers like Converse for casual
Summer: t-strap flat sandals
Winter: flat, knee-high riding boot style boots

I have a decently big shoe collection but I also find myself wearing the same shoes almost every day!

Me too:yes:.. adding in my simple gladiator sandals as well....and Havaiana's:P
I have heels but the above are my go to shoes all the time.

It depends on the season. For the summer I stick to flat sandals or wedges, in the fall or winter I wear flat riding boots, ankle booties, Hunter wellies, Uggs on occasion, and in the spring I normally wear flats (usually Tory Burch) because it's still chilly and not warm enough for open toed shoes.

Summer: Havaianas, metallic sandals, colourful high heels
Winter: thick heeled boots, Uggs, black pumps
Fall/Spring: thick heeled boots, Gucci sneakers, ballerina flats, both colourful and darker coloured pumps

pigalle 120s for sure! it's the ultimate, classic, perfectly shaped pointed-but-not-too-pointed-toe pump (^(oo)^)
attachment.php

nude patent peep toe pumps
attachment.php

light-coloured espadrille or canvas wedges for the beach
attachment.php

dressy metallic/sparkly peep toe pumps or d'orsays
attachment.php

black TTK or OTK boots
attachment.php

Last edited:
Ballet flats in a neutral, and then in a pop colour.

Black pumps in patent.

Leather knee high boots.

And some sort of statement sandal ! :yes: