What style wedding band should I get to go with my engagement ring?

cupcake

O.G.
May 5, 2006
My fiance and I are going shopping on Saturday to pick out our wedding bands. I am sort of torn between a couple styles and I'd like some opinions as to what you think would best compliment my engagement ring.

Here's my ring (pardon my gross hand); it's a platinum cathedral setting and the center stone is around a half carat.

Here are my favorite wedding band choices in no particular order:

Number one:

Number two:

Number three:

What do you think ladies? What is your favorite? Or, do you not like any of these and think that something else would look better?

Thanks!!

twin53

O.G.
Jan 24, 2007
i like #3 - the channel set diamonds will withstand more wear and tear. very pretty e-ring by the way.

Bagaday

O.G.
Apr 9, 2008
Midwest
Congratulations! I like #2 and #3. Though #1 is beautiful, it looks very narrow (in the picture at least). Are you ever going to wear the wed band alone or will you always wear as a set?

lorihmatthews

A taste for the arts
O.G.
Oct 7, 2006
San Francisco
I would go with #1. I have a channel set wedding band similar to the other ones and I always felt like too much metal was showing and taking away from the look of the stones.

Aug 31, 2009
I like #1...although make sure you're careful! I've knocked a diamond out of mine before, but mine was more of a prong set with floating diamonds all around.

Then again..I'm super clumsy :P Beautiful e-ring btw!

Oct 17, 2006
I like #1 best and #2 a close second. However, #1 worries me, because I do not know if the exposed girdles of the melees will eat into the prong metal of your ering. Please check if the melees will touch the prong metal of your ering.
#2 looks good and it can take wear/beating while not causing harm to adjacent stones/metal.