what some budget good quality clothes brand

For me, Jcrew has been the highest quality "cheaper" brand out there. I have cashmere cardigans from 5 years ago that are still durable. Brooks Brothers and LL Bean is pretty good too.

Banana republic is terrible. Expect to see busted seams within a couple wears.

I currently dicovered Massimo Dutti. I bought two blazers (aprox. 120-150 Euros each) and a pair of black skinny pants (50 Euros I think). Qaulity seems great, I've worn them several times and received many compliments!

For casual clothes (lounge wear), I highly recommend Roots. For more conservative/work wear, Jacob has pretty high quality for the price, and they often do seasonal sales (I went in today and they had 40% off everything in the store). Mexx is really nice too =)

I actually think Merona at Target is pretty well made. You have to be selective as to what you buy, but I've had a pair of grey "dress" trousers for going on 4 years. Fit perfectly, hold up well, look professional and close $30.00 US.

Club Monaco has sweaters (wool or cashmere) that will hold up well after years. They usually have sales where you can get a sweater that's work appropriate for $30-40. Nordstrom's in-house Halogen line is another budget friendly option. Great dresses and skirts that will not lose shape after washing. I got a simple pencil skirt from Halogen during the anniversary sale for $40.

I like Jacob and Mexx. I always try to pick up clothes during christmas sales. Club Monaco has really nice sweaters. I like Banana Republic for pants. Moon by Alfred Sung isn't bad either but better to buy when on sale.

I actually think Merona at Target is pretty well made. You have to be selective as to what you buy, but I've had a pair of grey "dress" trousers for going on 4 years. Fit perfectly, hold up well, look professional and close $30.00 US.

I bought a Merona dress the last time I was in the US and it has held up beautifully... I like the Merona stuff is typically machine washable, too.