What Skins You Got???

Great thread!

OK...

Ostrich - love the lightness and color pop, but one special bag in this skin is enough for me
Box - love the lightness and sheekness, but again - it has such a special look, that one special bag in this skin is enough for me too.
Clemence - great, durable leather - a feel safe leather, but the least favorite of my skins...just "normal" I guess
Chevre mysore - great, lightweight feel and gorgeous color absorbtion - would do this leather over and over in bags which I prefer a more structured look
Fjord - my favorite grainy textured leather - soft, shiny, matte, firm...all at the same time! One of my favorite leathers!
Evergrain - another sleeper leather for me....chicness of box, casualness of chamanoix and surprisingly hearty...perfect amount of structure and slouch...another favorite of mine - especially in black!

I had swift and quite liked that leather too....maybe another swift will come my way soon....:graucho:

Togo (in Dogon wallet) - like it but can't compare to bags since my piece is so small

Also had an epsom bag - again, another great lightweight choice - and I loved the color I had - but it scratched more than I liked and didn't have a great "feel"

Togo - sturdy but not too stiff for BIRKIN & KELLY
Clemence - perfect slouchy casual for a bag like LINDY & EVELYNE
Ostrich - my grail exotic leather, its been acting perfect so far for BEARN
Cherve Mysore - hardy leather, not afraid of scratches for SMALL ACCESSORIES in my bag
Swift - a tad too slouchy for KP
Epsom - like the grained texture for MEDOR watch strap
Gulliver - strap for MEDOR watch - cant comment too much as its new

Box - it's just gorgeous; I am trying to build up patina by using her a lot, so far so good
Courchevel - very lightweight, and I like that gold is lighter in this leather
Evercalf - so soft and to me kind of Box-like
Lizard - love this in a Kelly Pochette
Swift - this leather is growing on me, I love the soft feel of it
Togo - for my workhorse Kellys

togo
fjord
chevre de coromandel and chevre jhansi and chevre mysore
swift
croc
chamonix
courchevel
box
suede
barenia
horsehair
toile
epsom for watch strap

I will have think some more and see if I left something out!

BOX - favourite
chevre mysore - love the texture & colours in this leather
Vache Liegee - new to this, enjoying it now...
Evergrain - love the smell, scratches easily rub off...
Clemence
Togo

--box (1)
--chevre mysore (1)
--chevre de coromandel (2)
--chamonix (1)
--swift (3)
--epsom (1)
--togo (4)
--wool (1)
--fabric with buffalo leather trim (1)

Looks like togo is in the lead but swift is catching up quickly! I think you just can't beat togo for an everyday, don't-have-to-be-precious-with-it bag. But, there is not a leather listed that I don't like. They just fit different purposes.

I've sold bags in barenia, vibrato and clemence and love each of those leathers, as well.