I am sure they have not changed their policy in the 2 years since I left there

what is wrong with the lining?
did you do something to it?
did you spill something in it?
did you originally purchase your bag from a BV store
If you bought from someplace other than BV yes they will charge you
I only know about what happens in the US market
I am sure they have not changed their policy in the 2 years since I left there

Oh too many questions but I'll answer, I purchased the bags from BV originally. I am in Canada currently but the bags are from US and they didn't ask me which country I am from but just said to take it to the BV store and talk to the manager. I'm assuming they knew I am from north America.
I have some pen marks on the lining and once spilled hand cream so it's a bit stiff and weird from one corner. I tried getting it cleaned but not the same :sad:
I called the BV in new York and they said they won't repair the lining with any other suede only pig suede. I'm confused. I am gonna email them back again!

I need to message you with what to do
I don't want to put it out in general

Oh too many questions but I'll answer, I purchased the bags from BV originally. I am in Canada currently but the bags are from US and they didn't ask me which country I am from but just said to take it to the BV store and talk to the manager. I'm assuming they knew I am from north America.
I have some pen marks on the lining and once spilled hand cream so it's a bit stiff and weird from one corner. I tried getting it cleaned but not the same :sad:
I called the BV in new York and they said they won't repair the lining with any other suede only pig suede. I'm confused. I am gonna email them back again!

Hello,
I just wanted to give some updates about the pig suede lining. I contacted BV cust service a couple of days ago and they said they discontinued using pig suede lining since Spring/ Summer 2017 collection. Currently they use lamb suede for their lining and no pig leather in any other accessories. Both CS that I have spoken too said the same thing. However, make sure to ask your SA what year the bag is produced if you are planning to buy new. Sometimes they keep old stock. The BV cust serv are very helpful and they even went far in asking the bag serial number just to make sure there is no overlapping production on the same design between using lamb and pig suede. They also said if after 2017, we found BV still use pig lining we can have it replaced with lamb skin free of charge. The BV cust serv that I have spoken and emailed were the US based BV. Hopefully this info is useful.

they started with UAE and Gulf countries, due to islamic rules pigskin was not considered halal, and BV made a big presentation to announce the start of lambskin lining, it was in 2016 if i remember it correctly (anyway, there's a link to that event in my signature) and bags sold in this area all had lambskin, which was limiting the choice of colours we were getting at the beginning

Thanks for your info. I was looking for the link that you mentioned but i could not find it. Where can I find your signature?
Do you know when BV started doing lamb lining for muslim countries? Because I believe BV has established in Kuwait earlier than 2016/2017. And anything with pig is forbidden here. Thanks.
they started with UAE and Gulf countries, due to islamic rules pigskin was not considered halal, and BV made a big presentation to announce the start of lambskin lining, it was in 2016 if i remember it correctly (anyway, there's a link to that event in my signature) and bags sold in this area all had lambskin, which was limiting the choice of colours we were getting at the beginning

Thanks for your info. I was looking for the link that you mentioned but i could not find it. Where can I find your signature?
Do you know when BV started doing lamb lining for muslim countries? Because I believe BV has established in Kuwait earlier than 2016/2017. And anything with pig is forbidden here. Thanks.
if you're on mob, or app it will not show, need to click on my avatar, then 'information' and it will be there... too complicated! Here!
https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/bottega-veneta-master-class.943000/