What size So Black Flap to get??

All my flaps are M/L and jumbo, mostly M/L because the jumbo can be a bit much at times; however when I got the M/L chevron so black in lamb, it didn't do it for me and told myself if I ever decided to buy another so black I would get a jumbo. I decided to venture out with the rectangular mini this time.. I should've stuck to my guns! I don't know what it is, maybe the all black look, I definitely prefer it in the bigger size.

I had the mini but returning it as we speak. I tried a medium silver in store but couldn't get my mind off the So Black. Now I'm waiting on the medium to arrive on Monday. [emoji1328]

I believe I made the right decision. I'll let you know next week! Good luck!

I had the mini but returning it as we speak. I tried a medium silver in store but couldn't get my mind off the So Black. Now I'm waiting on the medium to arrive on Monday. [emoji1328]

I believe I made the right decision. I'll let you know next week! Good luck!

Good luck! Hope you end up with a Bag you love

Missheo: I just got a mini so black too and wasn't as happy as I thought I would be. I am thinking if returning it. Can you tell me if you see a difference in quality between your jumbo and mini rectangle?

I absolutely [emoji92]ADORE[emoji92] my jumbo classic flap in BLACK crumpled calfskin with BHW:
View attachment 3685133
Call me crazy but I also have 2 additional BLACK jumbos, yet they each have a very different aesthetic IMHO. :cool:

My very 1st Chanel bag ever was the jumbo BLACK classic flap with chevron caviar leather & SHW from last year. Then, with the sole intention of adding a [emoji92]TRUE Chanel CLASSIC[emoji92] to my collection, I acquired a jumbo BLACK lambskin classic flap with the "timeless classic" burgundy interior, also in SHW.

I conducted an experiment and purchased a Chanel lambskin rectangular mini last year given "all the hype". Immediately disappointed, I returned the mini flapbag. For $3,100+USD, Chanel does not emulate the same quality in their mini flap bags as they do with the M/L and jumbo classic flaps. The straps on the mini seem to possess lesser quality; they are smaller "grade" and of less weight. In fact, a number of threads on TPF have posted photos of the leather straps "peeling" on their mini flaps. The lambskin on the same bag released in that same season, in the same color, yet on the M/L and jumbo classic flaps was definitely an elevated version of the leather vs. the leather on the mini.

I guess my contribution is that you can never have too many beautiful BLACK Chanel handbags. :biggrin: And I also can commiserate with your disappointment after receiving your so-black mini flap. Might you still have time to exchange? :flowers:

I adore your jumbo too! And you are not crazy at all! [emoji7]

Reactions: Plumeria233
i don't have a jumbo, but do have a seasonal that is about the same size as the jumbo. I do also have a M/L caviar with SHW, a rectangular mini in lamb with LGHW and a WOC in RHW. The mini was my most recent addition, which was last summer. I swear, the mini is my FAV bag! I am five foot 5 and the mini can be worn both as a cross body and with just the chain off my shoulder. Honestly, I don't stuff my M/L (just carry essentials) and really carry just as much in there as in my mini. I would go for the mini!