what size is your solitare diamond by the yards pendant?

LVoeletters

only the best
O.G.
Aug 13, 2011
I have a couple of diamond pieces under a carat that I was thinking of turning into a solitare DBTY pendant... but idk if that is too small... I wish I could lump all my smaller diamonds together and trade it for one bigger diamond! I don't want to waste my money though if a smaller pendant won't look nice, so any recommendations?

I've seen dbty pendants from .03 carats to over 1.00 carat. So any size is fine, really! It depends on what size you want and what you think looks good on your neck.

My dbty style pendant is .50 carats but I've seen ladies with smaller and it looks just as fabulous.

I've seen dbty pendants from .03 carats to over 1.00 carat. So any size is fine, really! It depends on what size you want and what you think looks good on your neck.

My dbty style pendant is .50 carats but I've seen ladies with smaller and it looks just as fabulous.

OT but I love your engagement ring! such a beauty (saw your other older thread)

Do you have a modeling pic of your necklace?

OT but I love your engagement ring! such a beauty (saw your other older thread)

Do you have a modeling pic of your necklace?

Aww thank you! You are so sweet! :hugs:

Here is a pic of my .50 A. Link dbty style necklace:

attachment.php

I also had a Tiffany .41 but returned it:
http://forum.purseblog.com/the-jewelry-box/my-new-dbty-necklace-685194.html#post19058928

The chain on my A. Link is much thicker and more substantial. I kinda like it that way. The chain on the Tiffany is beautiful but very dainty and thin. The chain kinda disappeared on my neck but I kind of like being able to see it. But this is all personal choice!

I have two and wear them almost daily. Both are a little over .5ct each, one is on a 16" chain and the other on a 17" chain so that they are "stacked" on top of each other just one inch apart. Got the idea from the chef, Giada deLaurentis, who wears three stacked on top of each other. I think yours would look great at under a carat, I get compliments on mine all the time. Good luck!

I agree with Khol and Ame... I have an older .80 diamond to set into something and looked just for reference for size at Tiffany's the other day, and really think .5 or under looks best in this style! It's going to be gorgeous no matter what, but it seems to suit the smaller diamonds just perfectly IMHO! I looked at .8's in their classic basket setting and DBTY and will definitely set it in the basket. I think these DBTY are meant to look dainty, like a tiny flash of sparkle!

Aww thank you! You are so sweet! :hugs:

Here is a pic of my .50 A. Link dbty style necklace:

attachment.php

I also had a Tiffany .41 but returned it:
http://forum.purseblog.com/the-jewelry-box/my-new-dbty-necklace-685194.html#post19058928

The chain on my A. Link is much thicker and more substantial. I kinda like it that way. The chain on the Tiffany is beautiful but very dainty and thin. The chain kinda disappeared on my neck but I kind of like being able to see it. But this is all personal choice!
SO gorgeous! When I go to my other residence Jan 17, I will take pics of the diamonds I have that I was thinking of changing into these pieces. If only I could find a lapis piece like this:

http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Ite...+1-p+2-c+-r+-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+0-t+lapis&search=1 But I have no idea where to get nice lapis lol.

That would be sooo gorgeous. I am sure you can find it online somewhere, I know there are a lot of websites that sell loose gemstones. . .maybe do a search and see what you come up with?? Then what I usually do is do a review search for the site to see if they're legit. Or maybe your jeweler can find something for you? Hope this helps!!