What size is your personal favorite in the classic flap

myztic

O.G.
Dec 5, 2010
And what is your height?
I have a medium.. Not sure if I love the size. It's black so I wish I bought it in a jumbo instead... But I haven't purchased and used a jumbo so I can't have a favorite size... Wondering what size to go for my next one :smile:

Tuymiu

Feb 3, 2013
Upper New York
I'm 5'3 and 105 lbs. I bought the medium / large first. Then, I decided to get the jumbo because the m/l didn't fit everything (my sunglasses) I normally carry and everyone on TPF seems to like the jumbo more. After I got the jumbo (May), I only used it twice. I use my m/l more. I just bought the boy in old medium size and I love it. It fits more than the m/l and can be worn crossbody.

Last edited:

Vonnie1

Feb 13, 2013
I'm 5 ft and have the m/l. I'm planning on getting a reissue in 225 eventually. The jumbo and reissue 226 just look way too large on my small frame in my opinion. I suggest trying on the jumbo to make sure you like that size. From what others have said it can be heavy.

Bitten

Chic, not cheap.
O.G.
Feb 6, 2007
Contented
Hi OP, I'm 157cm so around 5'3. I have two M/L double flaps and tried on the jumbo in store - tbh, the jumbo didn't stand out for me, whereas the M/L was an easy choice :yes:

SHHMOM

Feb 13, 2013
USA
I am 5'1'', I have both the m/l and the jumbo. I love the m/l leaps and bounds more. The jumbo looks blah on me, but it does hold more. However, the m/l carries all I need.

Sent from my iPhone using PurseForum mobile app

Bitten

Chic, not cheap.
O.G.
Feb 6, 2007
Contented
Hi OP, I'm 157cm so around 5'3. I have two M/L double flaps and tried on the jumbo in store - tbh, the jumbo didn't stand out for me, whereas the M/L was an easy choice :yes:
I thought I would add: if money were no object or if I were still studying, I probably would get a jumbo, in addition to my M/Ls, as you can fit more in them. But I don't need to be carrying huge amounts of stuff on a daily basis anymore (and I have other bags for that) ;)

swtvt712

Nov 15, 2013
I am 5"4' and m/l just looks better on me. The jumbo fits more but can look overwhelming on me.

jashie

Mar 10, 2013
i am 5'4 and a half, and i prefer the medium flap bag because i like how it looks against my frame. I found the jumbo flap to be too heavy so i am saving for the 226 because i heard it is very lighweight and slightly larger then the medium flap. I do agree the medium flap does not hold much but i don't carry much things anyways

baghagg

Oct 12, 2012
Place of Worship: House of Chanel
i am 5'4 and a half, and i prefer the medium flap bag because i like how it looks against my frame. I found the jumbo flap to be too heavy so i am saving for the 226 because i heard it is very lighweight and slightly larger then the medium flap. I do agree the medium flap does not hold much but i don't carry much things anyways
You'll most likely find the chain length best on the 226, I'm basically the same height, it really is the perfect length for us

JE2824

Jan 30, 2014
I am 5'4" around 112 pounds. I prefer the jumbo. It holds a bit more than the m/l, and I love that it looks kind of casual chic. I have a reissue 226 and like the other ladies stated, I love the chain length for single and double strap. I wear my jumbo double strap and my m/l only single. I don't find the jumbo that heavy, but I am used to lugging two toddlers around. HTH