What size classic flapbag for date night/ special-events / etc

whoknowsx

Oct 24, 2013
Hi you guys! So i've been drooling over both the M/L and jumbo caviar flapbags and if I was honest with myself, I know it really only makes sense to get one.

I wouldn't be able to wear either bag M-F to work, so the bag would only be used on the weekends and for special occasions.

Which bag would be best for that?

I've already decided I'm getting a black caviar mini. Should I just stick with that? or should I go on and add a larger size to my family? Thanks so much for your help!

ps: I'd take any insight on color too! I have a black GST, and am waiting on the perfect pre-loved black caviar mini to show up, so I feel maybe I should venture away from black?

I would go for the m/l size, for sure!!!!
It's the right size and has the elegance for special occasions, evening events, etc... Jumbo is too big for that and mini is too small...

My choice would be the black caviar m/l classic flap, hardware is personal preference - which suits you more: silver or gold? I have the black caviar m/l with silver hw and I love it!!!! I use it nearly everytime when I go out, it's classy and timeless, fits enough for evening events and very elegant

^ I totally agree with MaryJoe84. Get the M/L if you will mostly be using this as a weekend/evening bag. The jumbo is an excellent size but most people feel it feels too bulky for evening/special occasions.

As for colour, if you want to stray away from black, how about a beige with GHW?

I don't think a jumbo really makes sense in your situation because it's too big to wear for dinners and special events (it's also super heavy). If for some reason you needed a ton of stuff with you, you already have a tote. As for M/L vs mini, if I could only have one id definitely take the M/L, but I do like having and use both. I got them both in black but with different hardware colors and leathers (mini lambskin GHW and M/L caviar SHW) , so that's an idea if you want both black but with some variation .

. As for M/L vs mini, if I could only have one id definitely take the M/L, but I do like having and use both. I got them both in black but with different hardware colors and leathers (mini lambskin GHW and M/L caviar SHW) , so that's an idea if you want both black but with some variation .

I thinks that's a great idea! I probably just vary the hardware because I'm not confident enough in my ability to upkeep a lambskin bag. I have a vintage bag that never gets worn for that reason.

This is such a timely question, I too am deciding on my first Chanel and am pleased to hear the feedback re M/L rather than jumbo - I prefer smaller bags for everyday, moving away from the 'big bag' trend so I think an M/L classic could very soon be in my wardrobe!! :biggrin:

I just have to decide hardware...:thinking:

View attachment 2404424
Here is m/l in new red 14C that I've been waiting for and she is still on her way. Red is the new black. U can wear it for any occasion also with any outfit.

Love love your new red bag but as much as I would agree that red is classic, I don't think red can go with any occasion or outfit. I think of red as a statement piece, and think the rest of the outfit should therefore not "compete". Like I think it would too be too much (for my own taste anyway) to wear red with a cobalt blue, and doesn't look good with certain colors like purple or green (too Christmasy). And this is from someone who until very recently did not own a black bag!

I guess it depends on what you plan to use it for. If you love red, then go for it. I'm sure you have other bags that you can use if it doesn't go. But if you are really looking for a go with everything, I would go for black, or even navy or gray.

Just my two cents.

Hi you guys! So i've been drooling over both the M/L and jumbo caviar flapbags and if I was honest with myself, I know it really only makes sense to get one.

I wouldn't be able to wear either bag M-F to work, so the bag would only be used on the weekends and for special occasions.

Which bag would be best for that?

I've already decided I'm getting a black caviar mini. Should I just stick with that? or should I go on and add a larger size to my family? Thanks so much for your help!

ps: I'd take any insight on color too! I have a black GST, and am waiting on the perfect pre-loved black caviar mini to show up, so I feel maybe I should venture away from black?
I think ultimately it's up to you and what you like :smile: but, if it were me, i'd stick to either black caviar or oxblood (if they make it). And the mini caviar sounds perfect for formal events. Chic, compact like a clutch, and oozing of class.