What size are Jane's Birkins?

Feb 22, 2020
London
Screenshot 2020-08-16 at 16.09.21.png Screenshot 2020-08-16 at 16.08.24.png I hope you can help.
I have my heart set on a Birkin the same as Jane's I've always believed that she wears a 40 but looking at these images to my eyes one looks like a 35 one like a 40. Can anyone here give an informed opinion on this please?
I personally love the idea and look of a 40 but since the purchase will be preloved and I won't be able to try 1st AND it will almost certainly be my only Birkin bag I cant make an expensive mistake and my SA at Hermes says the 40 will be too big and most importantly too heavy for me.
I want 'this look' but will almost certainly be buying a 35cm.
I'm 5'3 and not young so I really dont want a bag I dont carry due to weight.
I know Epsom is the lightest leather but I dont like like it so any tips for other leathers that don't weigh a ton?
I prefer a smooth leather or one with as little grain as possible (I dont like 'pebbled' looking leather)
Thank you in advance

KittyKat65

O.G.
Feb 27, 2007
Austin, Texas
I believe they are a 35. She is 5'8", but has a very small frame. She also puts everything into her bags, which would explain why they appear longer. From what I understand, she uses one until it falls apart and then uses another one, etc.

Reactions: maxroxxherhandbags

doni

O.G.
Oct 10, 2007
She may have carried both sizes? I remember this pic of Gainsbourg with her bag and it looks pretty big, but I think you’d achieve the look with a 35.
Howe about swift for a leather?

E3F273F3-ADF5-4A53-B759-2CAB170358D5.jpeg

Reactions: maxroxxherhandbags

30th anniversary cuff
O.G.
Aug 31, 2008
I’ve read that Janes original birkin was a 40. I’m 5’2 inches and not young and the only 35 I will carry is a toile leather combo. The best size for my frame, is actually the 32 HAC, and the one that I have Runs large and has been mistaken for a birkin in the boutique by SAs. I normally carry a 30 birkin worn open And that is the size I buy most often. Mainly due to weight.

if you like smooth heritage leathers, I think Vache natural and box were relatively light. But it’s all relative. It’s not a light bag.

Feb 22, 2020
London
I’ve read that Janes original birkin was a 40. I’m 5’2 inches and not young and the only 35 I will carry is a toile leather combo. The best size for my frame, is actually the 32 HAC, and the one that I have Runs large and has been mistaken for a birkin in the boutique by SAs. I normally carry a 30 birkin worn open And that is the size I buy most often. Mainly due to weight.
I must say I love the 32 HAC-I think I may have asked you on another thread (and cant remember which thread sadly to see reply!)
are you able to wear the HAC on your forearm or just hand held? I really need the option of both.

• Love
Reactions: 880

30th anniversary cuff
O.G.
Aug 31, 2008
I must say I love the 32 HAC-I think I may have asked you on another thread (and cant remember which thread sadly to see reply!)
are you able to wear the HAC on your forearm or just hand held? I really need the option of both.
Sadly, it may depend on the HAC, I can on mine :smile: I responded to you on the other thread and gave an example of another TPFer with her 32. If you search Piaffe and 32 HAC it will probably pop up. . .apologies I don’t remember the thread either :smile:. If I do, I will pm you bc Iposted links to others.

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2020
London

if you like smooth heritage leathers, I think Vache natural and box were relatively light. But it’s all relative. It’s not a light bag.
PS! I thought it was a 40cm too then I saw these images and thought one definitely looked like a 35.
thank you for the leather recommendation btw:flowers: