What should you know as a new LV collector-any advice veterans?

Nene20122012

Baglover
Jan 10, 2014
Hi all, i an new to collecting LV and have bought eva, a speedy and a cles in the past 3 weeks alone. :panic: i absolutely love my items but what i know for sure is that:

The color and texture of canvas may be different from one item to the next
As much as we want them to be perfect, they won't

Other thoughts?

My best advice to collecting LV is to try the handbag on prior to purchase (if you can). I don't know how many times I have found a handbag that I just loved visually, but when I tried it on ME - well it just wasn't right.

Then I would turn around and find another that I liked, tried it on and fell in love. Then I left the store with one that I hadn't even given a second look. :lol:

I know it's hard when it comes to discontinued and Limited Edition items. But if the handbag is still available, try it on before you buy it.

Enjoy your new found love of LV! :drinkup:

Take time to "think" about a purchase....then enjoy it.

This. And know your style & what fits your needs.

For example, I'm a city girl. I work, live, and go out in the city. Handheld, arm, and open top non secure bags do not fit my lifestyle at all - so now I won't buy any of those no matter how beautiful, no matter how lovely they look on others.

Something others love that doesnt meet your needs will end up being sold or sitting in a closet. Buy what YOU love! It's easy to get caught up in things - I took a step back from TPF for a long while & it did my savings account a lot of good :smile:

- vachetta is not as scary as u might think
- buy what works for you and not what's popular
- at the end, its just a bag...enjoy it for what it is

Totally agree on the vachetta. My Eva has been poured on - no rain spots. I just got caught in the rain today with my new Turenne - again no harm. I don't think your bag should stress you out, just use them & enjoy!

I agree with taking your time and not rushing to buy. Read through the clubhouses, watch youtube videos, post questions here. Try the bag/bags on with some of your items in the bag to see how heavy it can get. If you're not 100% sure you're in love with it, don't buy it. Go home and think about it with the pros and cons. SA's are wonderful and give great advice, but sometimes you don't agree with it. Get what you really love. And really look the bag over at the boutique. If you find a flaw or a problem with it, ask for another one to look at. If they don't have another one, don't settle. You'll go home and question why you're settling and want to take it back. Most of all have fun!

I think we have similar personalities lol!😊and when we've decided we like a brand etc. we rush to start our "collection."

However, Take the advice of these wise members. The urge to just go out and buy it can be very hard to resist sometimes, but as much as possible take it slow. I know it can be maddening when you are so sure you want it and so sure you will like it but without proper research you could have some regrets. Luckily if purchased new you can return if within the allotted time and if preloved, you can always resale. I'm not sure if any of your items are purchased preloved or not but that's one of the bigger risks for new LV collectors. Make sure you really really really research the piece to know what an authentic item looks like to avoid ending up with a counterfeit item.

In conclusion, when its well researched and well thought out, you will likely be more satisfied. WELCOME!!!

Well I'm glad to have found this thread, I've recently become interested in LV and was doing some fact finding tonight at my local store. I tried on the Speedy 25 and tested that my iPad fits (my litmus test for any purse purchase!). I really like it, but wasn't sure what pattern/material I wanted.

Then I got home. And started researching. And discovered Cerises. And bought one (Fashionphile). And I'm sure I'm going to love it, it was love at first sight, because I had already tried on in store!

Future ones I'll be researching and planning out more, but something about Cerises! MUST HAVE!!!

I think we have similar personalities lol!😊and when we've decided we like a brand etc. we rush to start our "collection."

However, Take the advice of these wise members. The urge to just go out and buy it can be very hard to resist sometimes, but as much as possible take it slow. I know it can be maddening when you are so sure you want it and so sure you will like it but without proper research you could have some regrets. Luckily if purchased new you can return if within the allotted time and if preloved, you can always resale. I'm not sure if any of your items are purchased preloved or not but that's one of the bigger risks for new LV collectors. Make sure you really really really research the piece to know what an authentic item looks like to avoid ending up with a counterfeit item.

In conclusion, when its well researched and well thought out, you will likely be more satisfied. WELCOME!!!
You described me to the the T. When i started being into Dooney and Bourke a couple of years ago, i bought 3 bags in 1 month ( that sounds crazy doesn't it). Now i'm sure i won't be doing that anymore with LV... Much more expensive. Bit i like to coodinate my bag and outfit, so i rotate all the time and definitely get my money's worth. I bought 2 LV bags on ebay, but they were new with box and had them authenticated by carolDiva even though i was pretty sure they were authentic just to have a second opinion. I won't buy anymore in the near furure until i see how my eva and speedy hold up.