What Should Not Be Put Into a LV bag?

prepster

Mar 4, 2016
I was just about to use my Nice as a lunchbox and put coffee in my Speedy when I read that this is not a good idea. I think it would be helpful to have a thread with a definitive list of things we should not put in our LVs. Maybe something you carried once that didn't work out well?

I'll go first: Squirrels. They are notoriously messy eaters and cracked nutshells could scratch the inside of your bag. Just don't, it's not worth the risk.

and tuna sandwich :lol: the smell will linger .......

Along with tuna, I'd think sushi of most sorts would be off limits......

But seriously, anything you are uncomfortable with is off limits. If you are OK with a coffee spill, then go for it, if not then don't. I have no plans to sell my bags. My nieces will get them if they aren't destroyed. I carry what I want in them. Granted I don't have the most high end of LV bags, but it would not matter to me. I buy them, I love them, I use them.

I told this story on another thread... My dog got skunked through our fence right on his face. He came in the house with with skunk liquid fresh on his face. Hubby said, "Why is your face wet??" He proceeded to go over to my pretty, new DE Neverfull MM and wiped off inside of it!!

He slept outside that night! Out house reeked of skunk! Next day I left for work. Skunk followed me to work, and into the office. My Neverfull was banned by my office mates! I had no clue until I went inside the office that it was inside my bag, as the odor followed me! About three weeks later my precious bag had aired out in the garage. Life is rough on our bags sometimes...that is the price we pay....

Along with tuna, I'd think sushi of most sorts would be off limits......

But seriously, anything you are uncomfortable with is off limits. If you are OK with a coffee spill, then go for it, if not then don't. I have no plans to sell my bags. My nieces will get them if they aren't destroyed. I carry what I want in them. Granted I don't have the most high end of LV bags, but it would not matter to me. I buy them, I love them, I use them.

I told this story on another thread... My dog got skunked through our fence right on his face. He came in the house with with skunk liquid fresh on his face. Hubby said, "Why is your face wet??" He proceeded to go over to my pretty, new DE Neverfull MM and wiped off inside of it!!

He slept outside that night! Out house reeked of skunk! Next day I left for work. Skunk followed me to work, and into the office. My Neverfull was banned by my office mates! I had no clue until I went inside the office that it was inside my bag, as the odor followed me! About three weeks later my precious bag had aired out in the garage. Life is rough on our bags sometimes...that is the price we pay....

Oww... poor you and the dog of course. LOL!!!

Like you I have no daughters. So my nieces one day will get some of them too. I figured when I'm seventy and no longer comfy carrying designer bags, I'll sell some. I don't own very expensive pieces too. My most expensive one is the montaigne and that's it.

Reactions: Cocoabean