What should my next MJ bag be?

Swanky-panky

Mar 22, 2010
Someone told me once that two bags are just two bags, but three bags is a collection. I've only had my two MJ bags - Carla tote in black, small Single in beige - for a few months, but between carrying them and reading the posts here I think I'm developing a full-blown addiction. I've got a tax refund coming, and I really want another one!

So since I have a large bag and a small one, I'd appreciate your suggestions on what I should choose. Obviously, we're spending lots on these bags, and I need it to be classic to carry for years to come. I also need a long shoulder strap so I can carry the bag cross-body (helps with my bad back). The color should also be classic, so I can carry it any time of year. Wow - I think I've narrowed it down by maybe 20% of the current line!

I've seen a lot of posts about the Stam in w/gold hardware being the ultimate classic MJ, and I do love it - in pictures, that quilted leather just begs to be stroked. But I wouldn't be writing this if that was the one I just had to have.

So to all you who have been collecting for ages - please give me the benefit of your experience. I'm at the point of building a beginner's collection: what's the perfect next bag?

i think the kate would be a good addition if you want to purchase current season. also, the MBMJ naasha is nice as well, but i dont know how timeless the bird design would be with your style...

generally a stella is really nice. the newer stella have a longer strap as well and are lighter weight. there are quite a few options, but the kate is probably one of your best bets if you need that extra long strap. GL!

What about the Carla? I haven't tried this one in person, so maybe someone else can comment on how well it would function as a combination shoulder/crossbody bag. But, it is a real classic and has all MJ's gorgeous signature details like the double front pushlock pockets.

If you could do a bag without being cross body, I'd say go for a stam! There is a black stardust stam on sale for $800 in the deals section. I think it would be a classic bag that would be good for if you need a sassier bag in your collection.

Or perhaps a quilted Rio!

Oh, I have to chime in for a Stam. I never thought I'd grow to love the Stam as much as I have, but it's so classic and stare-inducing and gives you an all-knowing "I'm cool and you're not" attitude no matter where you live or walk or shop or dine... the list is endless.

It will be around for the next 100 years in slight variations but ever-present, amazing, re-issued and sought after. The one-word bags are few and far between: The 2.55. The Speedy. The Stam...

Thanks so much - your responses have given me a lot to look up! BTW, I thought the sale part of this site was by invitation only (I'm new, can you tell?)

I'll post some pictures soon ...

Swanky

I would vote for the Stam too. It is such an iconic MJ classic. It will never date. Initially I didn't think I would like the Stam that much ... now I have more Stams in my MJ family than any other style.

Thanks so much - your responses have given me a lot to look up! BTW, I thought the sale part of this site was by invitation only (I'm new, can you tell?)

I'll post some pictures soon ...

Swanky
I think you're confusing the Market Place (which is by invitation only) with the Deals thread, which is a sticky at the top of the MJ forum - that's where the Stardust Stam is posted on sale for $800
http://forum.purseblog.com/marc-jac...-chatting-please-474097-145.html#post14708463

so many good choices were listed above. i have the kate, and it rocks my world hard. the stam is also a must-have. the quilted rio would be great for work. you really can't go wrong. i suggest going to a department store or a boutique if you live near one, take a look at everything that's offered, and go with the one that makes your heart rate increase at an exponential rate. ;)