What should my first pair of designer jeans be?

CandyJanney

Squishy Leather!
O.G.
Sep 27, 2006
I never thought I'd be interested in designer jeans but after spending time here I think it might be just what I need so I'm going to Macy's this weekend to try some on. I recently found Gap Jeans actually fit my ass alright and didn't give me a big pant bubble on the back. I'm nervous because my body is so obnoxious and I was wondering if there was a specific brand good for curvy types. My waist is 27 and hips 42.5 now (working on getting back to 42!!) I'm 5'6 and not leggy at all, I'm all torso. ;P what brand do you suggest? I want a pair that's really going to slim me down where it counts. Help girls! I'm going Saturday and I am SO excited! I'll be able to go to a Neiman Marcus or L&T friday after work tho if you think those are better places to go for jeans. =)

Last edited:
I find that Juicy Couture fits me really well. I'm also 5' 6" (okay, 5'5 and 1/2") and an 28/29 and I have found that Rock and Republic, citizens, and J brand all run really long on me, like to the bottom of my foot. joe's have a great length though.

Thanks everyone! I think I'll make sure to check out Joe's Jeans in Muse and Honey. they sound like they might be my best bet. I've made a list tho to take with me when I go tomorrow! I'll take pics if I find the perfect pair! Fingers crossed!

Try Joes "Honey" Jeans--they are great for curves although I never found them to be very slimming. Rock & Republics are my ABSOLUTE favorite--they make me look thin (I am also very curvy) and feel fabulous! They are the most $$ though.

Augh really? Why in the world would I want to emphasize them! Grrrr ok back to the drawing board. I want jeans that are going to de-plump my lower stubby body. ;_;

I'll check out Rock & Republics. What style did u get?

Last edited:
I would agree that Joe's Jeans Honey are supposedly made for curvy women, but they don't seem to slim down the hips; if anything,they emphasize the hips.
I agree... I had a pair but felt like my thighs looked like tree trunks in them so they went to my silky slim sister... Hudson and William Rast are the most slimming IMO... Rock & Repubs are good but they are soooooo long and I'm a shortie so no can do... If I hem them they won't be boot cut anymore...

Are there any brands I probably shouldn't even try? My thighs are 24" around at their chunkiest and it's the worst grabbing jeans and going to the fitting room to find out their for women with twigs for legs. =P