What should my first pair of designer jeans be?

Augh really? Why in the world would I want to emphasize them! Grrrr ok back to the drawing board. I want jeans that are going to de-plump my lower stubby body. ;_;

I'll check out Rock & Republics. What style did u get?

I got a pair of darker wash Kasandras. I have big thighs and they really do have a slimming effect! They are LONG though--I have a 34' inseam, so losing 2 inches didn't change the look of the jeans, losing 4 inches really would cause them to lose their flared shape though.

I think they are worth every penny. AND, they run 1 size large, so you get to size down--which is always nice :smile:

And if I find a pair that fit I should get one size smaller? I just had an experience with some Ann Taylor work pants. They looked LOVELY when I tried them on, if they were any tighter it woulda been too tight on my big butt and I just wore them to work today and in the course of an hour these pants are now baggy! Even on my giantic ass!! I do NOT want that with my jeans. >_< Especially if I'm going to fork out a lot for them..

Well, my Rock and Republics don't stretch out too much (not like a pair of 7s do)--get a second opinion on this, but I have never gotten the saggy butt look in my rock & republics--I think that is what I like the most about them

Well I'm back! It was OVERWHELMING!! I ended up going with a pair of 7's! 29 fit just about right but I got 28 because she said they'll stretch out half a size so right now I'm currently sttreatching those babies out! The "muffin top" effecti s already almost gone, talk about stretchy! they need to be hemmed but they're great! It was annoying to find the blue blue jeans, I found most of the brands had the dark grey/blue color. this is grey/blue but it's not as dark as the other pairs I saw! Thanks everyone for your help!

My waist is a 26, my hips are a 41, but thats because my a$$ is so big.:rolleyes: As Laureen said jeans with stretch is very important, I like joe's jeans, but my real fav is Siwy, and J Brand. They fit me well, I also love Citizens of Humanity.

Well I got my new Seven's back from the cleaners yesterday. She hemmed them the perfect length for both flats and my heels! I am worried how because I'm such a dummy and probably should have washed my jeans before I got them hemmed. I'm going to tell my hubby to be careful about drying but if in the future they ever get caught with the regular jeans/laundry, will I lose much length to them? ;_; I'm so worried now!! In flats my jeans just barrrreeellllly touch the ground.

As for the fit, they're stretching! I am wearing them to work today. When I first got them I had the muffin top to end all muffin tops but that's already gone! Still feeling a smidge tight but they're almost perfect now. I sit all day at work so that should give them a good stretch. also It gives me a little room to lost the few pounds I'd like to. ;) I totally need to take some pics and see what you girls think shape wise and most importantly, how does my big ol' ass look!!! ;) Yee I love them! and they were only 150!